Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Requesting help on a friend's network

0 0

ok, new cable installed. new cable modem for the house they just moved back into ( SB5101 surfboard cable modem ). The main computer we are trying to get to work is only letting it get limited conectivity. My laptop does the same, and I have yet to figure out how to get it to work. However, the laptop of her grandfather's WILL connect with no problem.

Any advice?

0 0

Its kinda hard to tell what is wrong when you post so little details about your systems and networks. Are you using a router, plugging in all 3 computers at the same time, and only 1 connecting. Or changing out individual connections directly with the modem? You got a new modem, buy it yourself? or get it from the cable company? (is the MAC registered?) Are you trying to connect wireless or not?

Again more info needed, but in all probability you have some mis configured software.

0 0

stopping certain ips/wrong password?

0 0

dear hts007, the internet Im currently using keeps going down while trying to post on here, but essentially there is no router, but they are wanting to get one. I've tried everything on there that is not directly related to a router. Every time a computer got plugged in, it was with an RJ-54 directly from modem to computer. her's is an old computer, put together by a relative of her's (I think). Her's worked with her old internet (used wireless hub {I'm wanting to say hub because it was their modem and router… hmmm…}). I'm realy not sure how much longer this internet is going to stay up right now (not her's obviously), but anything that can be used latter, I will go and try any advice i may be given (HELPFULL advice anyways {Sabrewulf, here's looking at you}).

but hts007, thank you for being the most helpfull one on here so far, but I would apriciate more help from you or anyone else if possible. ^_^

but thanks to everyone who has put something actually helpfull on here. (Sabrewulf, stop trolling, it's unbecoming and makes you just seem like an ass on these boards. go back to 4chan. XD )