Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

CISCO ROUTING

0 0

ok, so i neede to know how to add several IP addresses to the 1800 CISCO router. Two day ago was my first day as the main and only IT guy for a network that holds about three to four hundred computers. I do not clearlt undertstand Cisco programing, but i do know programming in other languages.

Q. Have can I identify all the routers by their ip using a networking tool, like dos?

Q. I need to add three ip's to a gateway, how can i open the consol and set commands for these ip's.

Q. Is anyony willing to help me get through this callenge and CISCO

0 0

Just had to configure several Cisco routers at work, maybe I can help. I don't really understand what you are trying to accomplish. Are you trying to configure the IPs on the router's interfaces? If so, the first step is to telnet into the router. Give a better description as to what you are trying to do and I'll help you w/the commands bro.

0 0

Yes! i am trying to configure the IPs on the router's interfaces. At work one of the departments got three new computers, I found out that the network will not pick it up automaticlly.

I know that i have to telnet to the router, how can I find out where the router's IP , so then i can connect the computers one by ony from the Human Resources department to the router and on to the world wide web.

So today I tried the tracerout on my own computer to see the jump to my computer to the gateway on to the building's router and so on.

Also I messed around with arp commands to see the tables and tried to figure them out, i did understand them, but i am not quite sure how to set up the computer from the H.R. department.

So now i have to go into the cisco 1800 router and becareful i dont crash the SYSTEM and add internet. Please guide me through the prosses.

FOR YOU INFORMATION: our x-IT guy got removed and is not willing to complie. I did crash a system trying to remove a password, which i reset it and work, but no one had access to the inter net nor the mail server. had a hell of a time making it to work. I called a friend which he called a frien that sorted out the things

Meow~♥
325 0

Can you connect to the router through a console connection?

0 0

you meen something like telnet, or if you would not mind giving me some examples.

0 0

Ok open a command or shell prompt and type: telnet 192.168.1.1(whatever the router's ip is)

This will get you to the login.

0 0

if i tellnet how can i figure out the correct router for that department. and 192.168.1.1, would this be the defalt?

I notice on the computer that i installed did not want to ping any other computers that were arount, which makes sence. so this is what i tried one of the computers was there working already, but scince i formated everything because of some issue, now I wrote down all the configurations for the tcp/ip setting

192.192.99 was the origanal for this computer, which had been connected.

so what i want it like befor when the cmoputer would start up, i would get an option if i wanted to log into /servhr which is the server human resources uses and there is a username already created for this person so i all she would do is set the login option to log into ther server with here oun pass and username.

my other challenge would be to creat a new log in name for a new employee and get his cmoputer running, logging into the server and all that good stuff.

0 0

what the hell are you talking about

I may be able to help if we can get a translator.

0 0

I have a computer that i want to network with through a cisco router and would need commands and steps on how to do it.

sorry for the confusion. i wanted to try to make my situation clear.

Meow~♥
325 0

regedit wrote: you meen something like telnet, or if you would not mind giving me some examples.

No. I mean like get a rollover cable and connect to the router directly.

regedit wrote: if i tellnet how can i figure out the correct router for that department. and 192.168.1.1, would this be the defalt?

I notice on the computer that i installed did not want to ping any other computers that were arount, which makes sence. so this is what i tried one of the computers was there working already, but scince i formated everything because of some issue, now I wrote down all the configurations for the tcp/ip setting

192.192.99 was the origanal for this computer, which had been connected.

so what i want it like befor when the cmoputer would start up, i would get an option if i wanted to log into /servhr which is the server human resources uses and there is a username already created for this person so i all she would do is set the login option to log into ther server with here oun pass and username.

my other challenge would be to creat a new log in name for a new employee and get his cmoputer running, logging into the server and all that good stuff.

192.168.0.1 is often the default default-gateway. I would just start all over on the network. Do you know how to subnet?

Meow~♥
325 0

regedit wrote: I have a computer that i want to network with through a cisco router and would need commands and steps on how to do it.

sorry for the confusion. i wanted to try to make my situation clear.

So… You need to know how to work the CLI?

0 0

Okay. Let's give this a shot. Assuming you are using Windows: Open a command prompt and type "ipconfig /all" Look for your default gateway. This is typically your router. Then type "telnet xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx <-watever the gateway was.

0 0

ok, in my case for that particular computer it would be telnet -o 192.168.0.1, but on my computer at my desk it is 192.168.6.1

TRY TO PING THIS COMPUTER, which is mine. 192.168.6.2 and also try to tracert 192.168.6.2 maybe by using tracert i coud see the las hop…

by the way right now i am at home

Meow~♥
325 0

regedit wrote: ok, in my case for that particular computer it would be telnet -o 192.168.0.1, but on my computer at my desk it is 192.168.6.1

So the output of ipconfig looks similar to this?

Connection-specific DNS Suffix  . :
        IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.6.*
        Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
        Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.6.1```

0 0

exaclly correct.

Meow~♥
325 0

regedit wrote: exaclly correct.

Then your default gateway is 192.168.6.1 Telnet it.

So, what are we trying to figure out now?

0 0

ok well, im at my house using windows vista and just found out that telnet does not work. will vpn work?

ok, so lets say that i would log in, what should i do next?

Meow~♥
325 0

regedit wrote: ok well, im at my house using windows vista and just found out that telnet does not work. will vpn work?

ok, so lets say that i would log in, what should i do next?

Are you at the CLI?

0 0

yes by typing cmd at start run

Meow~♥
325 0

regedit wrote: yes by typing cmd at start run

So what are you trying to do?

0 0

This thread is not worth responding to. regedit please go learn some more about network infrastructure before you try to confi….well whatever you were trying to accomplish.

0 0

well telnet wount work, so that i could telnet over to the router and see if i could add three new ip's to the network.

so i would need the procedures to connect a compter onto the internet

Meow~♥
325 0

xD I agree. I don't understand what you're trying to do. If you still want help, PM me.

0 0

lets say u have a cmoputer that you want to connect to a cisco router, how will you do it.

what steps yould you take? as far as the commands go.

Meow~♥
325 0

regedit wrote: lets say u have a cmoputer that you want to connect to a cisco router, how will you do it.

what steps yould you take? as far as the commands go.

Either telnet or console.

0 0

well now im kool wit my network at work. i can do basic things now.. like, add static ip's and open switch ports.

BUT NOW I BROUGH A CISCO 800 ROUTER AND I connected my computer stright into the router's console, now with TELNET, how the HELL BOUND do i log into my router?

i know that ipconfig will not help me cuz it shows nothing, i would like to learn how to log into the router? i thought the defult config would be telnet 192.168.0.1 for the roter, but it is not picking it up!!

HOW CAN I LOG to the router

0 0

If you are physically connected to the router, the best way would be through a console. Once in console open Hyper terminal and set the com port the the port you are using. Set bits per second to 9600. and connect.

You should see a white screen. Hit the enter button and you should see some output from the router, normally loading the flash. once it is done booting log into the router using the command enable, and enter the password you have set up. Default passwords for cisco routers are nothing, or the word cisco.

Once you have entered the password you will be in privileged mode and can execute commands. basic commands to try would be show ip, or show interface.

0 0

If your still interested how about taking a quick look at this:

http://www.opennet.ru/soft/cisco-configuration.html

Hope this Helps,

If you need more help I could write a little tutorial on how to initially set up a Cisco router, it is not very difficult really.

Relentless.

0 0

Nice link. Oh, and since this got bumped, anyways… the magic word that everyone was looking for (instead of "hyperterm","telnet", etc.) was "rollover cable". Without a rollover cable, you can't get into the console port. If you can't do that, you can't allow access to your vty's… which are what would give you access via telnet.

Would be good to see at least a couple Cisco IOS articles here… Very pleasant subject.

0 0

You Need a rollover cable and hyperterminal to be able to setup the telnet services in the first place, then you can access telnet over the Aux port or one of the network ports.

Peace.

Relentless.

0 0

Zephyr_Pure wrote: the magic word that everyone was looking for (instead of "hyperterm","telnet", etc.) was "rollover cable". Without a rollover cable, you can't get into the console port. If you can't do that, you can't allow access to your vty's… which are what would give you access via telnet.

R3l3ntl3ss wrote: You Need a rollover cable and hyperterminal to be able to setup the telnet services in the first place, then you can access telnet over the Aux port or one of the network ports.

… Isn't that what I just said? :angry:

0 0

Haha, sorry im at work, i just read that you need a rollover to get access to your vtys.

Sorry :( :xx:

Relentless.

0 0

No worries. At work, too. :)