Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Firewall question

0 0

I'll admit, i still use Windows Firewall.

opinions of it?

and freeware alternatives? what do you guys use/suggest?

Meow~♥
325 0

Zone Alarm. I couldn't honestly tell about the legitimately free version, - I've never tried it - but security suite owns.

0 0

honestly i don't use anything for virus protection, if i get infected i just re-install Windows. I know not everyone can do that though. You might want to look into getting AVG or something. Not fancy or anything, but if you're crazy worried about it then that might work.

0 0

TheSilentDrifter wrote: honestly i don't use anything for virus protection, if i get infected i just re-install Windows. I know not everyone can do that though.

This has got to be one of the dumbest approaches to computer security I have ever heard. The only thing stupider would be to actually install the virus on purpose before reinstalling windows….

ZoneAlarm is very good, gives you the in-depth control that you need on a process by process basis while still being easy to use.

0 0

TheSilentDrifter wrote: if i get infected i just re-install Windows

What if you get a backdoor which the AV doesn't recognize? Then it'll be allowed to connect and run without your knowledge…