Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

A little help with telnet BF

0 0

I'm using Brutus and I'm trying to get the telnet bruteforce working. I think I'm pretty far doing everything right, but I just need a little help with this.

Ok, so let's say I'm connecting to this IP 127.0.0.1 (just for example :d) through telnet and here's what I get:

Password: ****

Bad Password!!!
``` And then it get's disconnected. So this would be when I manually try 1234 for password. It asks it 4 times and then says "Bad Password!!!" and disconnects. Now I would need a little help with configuring brutus for bruteforcing this. I tried these settings:

Target: 127.0.0.1 (not the real one I tried)
Type: Telnet

Port: 23

Authentication sequence: [ ] Use pre-auth [x] No UserID
Here I have tried pretty much all variations you can have with "Password:" and "Bad Password!!!" and sending the [PASSWORD].

[x] Try to stay connected for 4 attempts

and Pass Mode is bruteforce with just digits and 1-4 length. Just so that I know if it works or not.

With these settings I have got it connected to the host and it has managed to make 1-3 attempts but then it just stops. So I guess I can't just get the authentication sequence right. Any ideas what I should put for the authentication sequence?

0 0

umm i cant really help you…but i must say i do like your sig :happy:

Ultimate Headshot
0 0

Have you turned echo on? It enters the password whether the stars show or not…

0 0

Echo on where? I have no idea what you mean. And no I haven't tried google yet, because I don't really know what's the problem and what to google for.

Banned
0 0

Mouzi wrote: Echo on where? I have no idea what you mean. And no I haven't tried google yet, because I don't really know what's the problem and what to google for.

Maybe it's just the server dropping your connection, a security process on their end perhaps.

0 0

Actually I'm trying to get into my own router :D and yes it disconnects after the "Bad Password!!!". Is that the problem?

Banned
0 0

Mouzi wrote: Actually I'm trying to get into my own router :D and yes it disconnects after the "Bad Password!!!". Is that the problem?

It might be, try to enter the password manually and see if you get kicked out after 4 tries. If that is the case you need a proxy-rotation, or a mac-spoof-rotation depending on the security protocol.

0 0

Well I already tried manually. That's what I was talking about in my first post. After I manually enter the password 4 times it says "Bad Password!!!" and disconnects, but then I can just reconnect and do it again. I thought brutus could do that too :S

Banned
0 0

Meh, sounds like you are better off coding your own bruter. Try to find a "reconnect" function in brutus if you don't have the time/skill/whatever to code your own.

0 0

I sure don't have skill to code one :/ I should learn some real programming language for cases like this. I got so many ideas for useful tiny programs that would be pretty easy to code and would make so many things easier.

But what's the "Try to stay connected for # attempts" for then if it doesn't reconnect?

Banned
0 0

Brutus assumes you won't be disconnected, you can quit after a few attempts but I do not know if it will reconnect also. Search the manual/website for a reconnect thingy would be my recommendation, sorry I can't be of more help :|

0 0

Ok I found out that there is no "reconnect on disconnect" in brutus :P that it's a flaw in it and something like that. Any other programs out there that could do this? I'm gonna go back to google again, but if someone has a program to suggest then do.

EDIT: Nothing in google except "Code one yourself n00bb!!!111" and "Brutus" so I guess I'll give up.