Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

The last programming comp

Python Ninja
0 0

Who won it? I submitted a chat server i wrote in python, and Magnetosphere sent me a PM saying congrats on getting a place, but i'm not sure if I got any points and there's nothing on my user profile. I don't care if i won, i just want to know who did and (hopefully) have a look at their code!

0 0

What you don't know what happen to it ? Actually they reveal the result before time and left 1 day for people to submit there code. I posted my code in that extra 24 hour and it happen it was suppose to finish 2nd, but mozzer who's code finish 4th or 6th (i don't remember) decided that he wasn't happy about that because I knew what could be good to send (I agree with him at 45%). So eveyone took a side to argue wheter my code should be or shouldn't be accepted. Seing this the admin simply close the challenge and gave 5 points to everyone that participated.

This is how it end no winner .. and that's why I started the thread that is right under this one. And that's why I call it a total failure (the last programming challenge).

0 0

Yes, there was a big mess about those results…

However I was ranked #1 with my application Uber0n Chat v1.8 :p

0 0

Which sadly doesnt work …

0 0

JohnDoe wrote: Which sadly doesnt work …

It works ^^

To use it over the Internet through a router, make sure you open the correct ports. It's uses DirectX so you can just follow the DirectX guide ;)

0 0

In my head that wasn't the only mess, in general the code were not evaluate how they were suppose to be … I don't even think they were evaluate.

What would be better next time is if some people that are good programmer could evaluate code on some critiry instead of evaluating in the general look of it.

What I mean by good programmer isn't an admin of the site that said "I know C, I'll jugde the code". A good programmer not only know the laguage, but also have a good experience in coding so that he can say "I would have done this in this way to optimised the code".

I can consider myself a good programmer since I program for 3 years, I'm use to evaluating code since I do that on programming site since 1-2 years, I got a overall knowledge on many language, I know the most use web language/technology like my pocket (AJAX, Canvas, Javascript, PHP, htaccess). In overall I could be judge for all submission that are web programming, but for application programming even if I know general bases of most application language, I rather leave it to someone that have experience in it.

I'm not saying admin can't evaluate the code, but sometimes they should leave it to better people.

0 0

Btw if someone wants more information about the competition judging just PM me. I've saved some logs from old conversations with the judges and stuff.