Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Windows 7 Bug Finding Competition

0 0

I've come up with what I believe to be a great idea for a competition. As many of you know Windows 7 beta is out and available for download Here. I suggest that we have a Windows 7 bug finding competition.

We all know that Microsoft OS's are known to have several bugs in them, and a beta version of a new OS is almost sure to have several. Anyone who wants to compete could run Windows 7 Beta using some form of virtual machine software and begin searching for bugs. Those that are found would then be posted and rated on it's threat level. Each level would be worth one point and the person with the most points at the end of the competition wins.

This would be a very interesting competition in my opinion, but I want yours. YES, someone is asking for your opinion take advantage of this moment and tell me what you think.

Satan > God
0 0

I like the sound of this, was going to download this for a lookski soon anyway.. :)

HZ wrote: This would be a very interesting competition in my opinion, but I want yours. YES, someone is asking for your opinion take advantage of this moment and tell me what you think. I don't believe ANYONE here needs to be asked for their opinion… Most of their opinions need to be tethered!

Anyway, good luck with this, I think it sounds fun. ^^

0 0

That actually does sound like a good challenge. See if you can get like a roster going or something. :P

Admin from hell
0 0

It's been done I've had a beta copy for months now, I have a nice list of bugs, Fuck ups and vulnerabilies. Plus most are on the web already.

0 0

"competition" should be clarified. It should be about the importance of the bug and not the number of bugs. If you find a bug, you look to see if someone else has found it and if not then you can report it. In other words, person who helps out the development of Windows 7 wins!