Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

New Coding Team

0 0

Okay. I've decided to form a coding team. Here is a sample application:

Name: Varreon Main Language: C[++] Experience in: Java, Basic, Delphi, C# Want to learn more: Java Other: Im very fast at learning other programming languages.

I don't want anyone who isn't truly interested in coding a lot to join. I don't care if you are incredibly skilled, I just want to have a team so we can do some of the challenges.

Current Team: Varreon ynori7

Future Emperor of Earth
0 0

what kinds of challenges? i might be interested in joining.

Name: ynori7 Main Language: C++, java Experience in: Java, C++, scheme, python, html, javascript Want to learn more: python (anthing really, but that in particular) Other: i'm a quick study, and i love to learn

0 0

Sure Yorri, you're in. The challenges I'm talking about are the programming competitions, which are apparently starting back up again.

0 0

Believe me they're not coming back. It's gonna take more than one personn to make a decent programming challenge. We actually need to rethink how everything is evaluated, make challenge goal more clear, etc, etc.

There is a lot of work left and it doesn't seems to be started.

0 0

Isn't there a project to build an encrypted p2p client? Im sure I saw that somewhere!

0 0

Isn't there a project to build an encrypted p2p client? Im sure I saw that somewhere!

0 0

You must have took that from really far away ! This was suppose to happen 1 year ago, but it never did. There is nobody enough good in programming to make such challenge in this site.

0 0

Why is that so hard to do? Setup an IRC channel for questions, and have teams email in the sourcecode when they're done!

0 0

I meant no one is able to code a hole P2P server/client that is decently coded.

0 0

Well then, Im going to code it to prove that it can be done, and maybe then we can start the programming wars! Ynori and I will be team Psyko, we're still looking for new members.

0 0

varreon wrote: Well then, Im going to code it to prove that it can be done, and maybe then we can start the programming wars! Ynori and I will be team Psyko, we're still looking for new members.

LOL

Just try and I'll watch you fail. You have no clue up to what point this kind of project can be long to code.

BTW: It's programming challenge, not programming wars.

0 0

I have to agree with Arto. I don't think you quite realize the depth of the project you're saying that you'll "prove can be done". Of course it can be done… but, for that, you'll need at least a couple experienced programmers. Well, that, and a plan.

Future Emperor of Earth
0 0

well, if there is no challange varreon, we can still come up with a project to do just for fun.

0 0

We're probably going to fail miserably. Im working on setting up a forum for our team, and from there, I've got a lot of friends who can code. Wish us luck :)

0 0

varreon wrote: We're probably going to fail miserably. Im working on setting up a forum for our team, and from there, I've got a lot of friends who can code. Wish us luck :)

What can your friend code ? Hello World ?

Seriously, I'm not here to tell you that you're not gonna go anywhere, but you shouldn't aim too high to begin. It takes time to get good at coding.

0 0

I've never failed too bad at something, but im willing to make this my first. Ynori, I'll pm you with our new forums I've setup in a bit.

0 0

what i have learn from starting projects/teams is this:

• start small and slow. DONT RUSH INTO THINGS. this is the downfall of most teams…trying to do too much too quickly when really all you want to do is establish yourself.

• assume nothing. basics are good, make sure everyone is roughly on par

• contact contact contact. without it, its an immediate fail. this isnt just instant messaging, this is speaking and watching

in my experience the first point is the most important. you have to get things straight first:

• your ultimate goal

• short term goals

• long term goals

then, as i have found, its best to keep the long term goals in the back of your mind and not do much about them until at least some of the others have been completed. this generally stops people going into things too fast.

this has been in my, yours may differ

Future Emperor of Earth
0 0

necr0six, that's very good advice. i've done a few group programming projects over the last few years, and i've found what you said to be very true. actually, most of what you said applies to programming by yourself as well.