Welcome to HBH! If you have tried to register and didn't get a verification email, please using the following link to resend the verification email.

graphics card issues. PLEASE HELP!!!!

the master of nanoy(.org)
0 0

ok so I got a nvidia geforce 7600 GS + samsung SyncMaster 720n

both the drivers are up to date however in normal windows (normal resolution etc.) I can't see the screen. (it flickers on/off and when it's on only displays garble)

I have tryed using multiple versions of the correct drivers (removing and not removing the old ones first), system restore, taking out and putting the graphics card back in, and LOTS more.

the only thing that seems to work is when I uninstall the drivers and use windows default, however then the screen is slow. I think it's cos the refresh rate is stuck at 60mhz but I am unable to change it!

any help you could give me would be greatly appreciated. thankyou in advance

0 0

This happened to me with another GFX card and i resolved it by changeing the refresh rate from 60Hz to 75Hz

0 0

yeah but with the drivers installed I can only view in VGA mode (crap resolution, crap color, crap refresh rate) and once you change it to anything else it's fooked again :(

without the drivers it can't be changed!

0 0

Check the specs of your mb. Your new card might be too powerful for your mb.

0 0

I brought the computer from novatech (discontinued) called the isys pro with the upgrades and it has been working for a while untill yesterdday :S

0 0

Is it getting really hot? Maybe you have some dust issues? What are your system specs?

0 0

pentium D 3.20 x 2 2 gig DDR2 ram what other specs would help?

0 0

goto cmd.

type in

set DEVMGR_SHOW_NON_PRESENT_DEVICES=1 devmgmt.msc

then show hidden devices in one of the menus at the top, uninstall all instances of your graphics adapter. and completely remove any drivers, reboot, and install the latest drivers cleanly, defragement and reboot again. If this fails it is possible your power supply is causing the unreliabilty. check alll your manuals for all the wattages and make sure it does not exceed the wattage of your PSU.

EDIT: It might be

set DEVMGMT_SHOW_NON_PRESENT_DEVICES=1 devmgr.msc

i cant remember :p

0 0

nanoymaster wrote: pentium D 3.20 x 2 2 gig DDR2 ram what other specs would help?

Your mb (Motherboard) specs. All you told us was your RAM and CPU. With that setup tho, it does seem, at first glance, that your mb would run fine with that card. Still, tho, Ive seen crazier things.