Welcome to HBH! If you have tried to register and didn't get a verification email, please using the following link to resend the verification email.

ATI Driver

0 0

Okay so my screen resolution is 1440 900. But I can't seem to put it in the right setting, there's one below it and one above it. I also can't play any computer games anymore because my "ati driver fails". Anyone know how to fix this?

Python Ninja
0 0

Don't give us information about your chipset, mobo, OS or background, age of the thing.

That would make it to easy.

0 0

No idea.

0 0

Update to the latest Catalst Driver set If you have a FireGL card im amazed you dont know shit about your system.

update your monitor drivers.

should fix it.

0 0

Rever wrote: Okay so my screen resolution is 1440 900. But I can't seem to put it in the right setting, there's one below it and one above it. I also can't play any computer games anymore because my "ati driver fails". Anyone know how to fix this?

More info please :) so, what did you do that caused the problem to arise? Was it working before? Trace back your steps and see what you did. If that fails, just do what the guy who posted earlier said, download and install the latest drivers.

0 0

Reinstall the driver, or better, update. Check if the card compatible with chipset. Check monitor. Check your driver settings (and DirectX issues).

Also :

there's one below it and one above it What do you mean? You mean that its more zoomed? or screen isn't focused on all of the resolution? ( backtrack on 1024 X 768 if 17" ).

0 0

ViralCoder wrote:

More info please :) so, what did you do that caused the problem to arise? Was it working before? Trace back your steps and see what you did. If that fails, just do what the guy who posted earlier said, download and install the latest drivers.

Usually when I go to play games it switches to a different screen resolution. So I've always been switching back and forth, but my old resolutions have vanished. My dad blames it on Limewire, but I beg to differ. Perhaps though… because my computer randomly restarted itself twice today. Idfk.

I'm pretty sure I tried checking for the latest editions and updates to my graphics card or something (whatever the hell the easy quick help program made me do (which failed by the way)). Anyways I couldn't find any updates for it.

0 0

What do you mean? You mean that its more zoomed? or screen isn't focused on all of the resolution? ( backtrack on 1024 X 768 if 17" ).

There was one that was like 1600 x 1200 and one that was 1000 x 1200, but nothing inbetween. Or something like that - you get the picture. My friend tried screwing with it, so now there's only a 1000 x 600 (or something close to that). Which by the way it way too small, everything seems to big.

0 0

Rever wrote:

Perhaps though… because my computer randomly restarted itself twice today. Idfk.

That sounds to me like your power supply is going out. Also, did you change the resolution in the game itself? Other than that, tho, the latest catalyst should help. Seriously, tho, soon, your computer is going to turn off and never turn back on. Invest in a new power supply. Happened to me a few times.

0 0

inzel wrote: [quote]Rever wrote:

Perhaps though… because my computer randomly restarted itself twice today. Idfk.

That sounds to me like your power supply is going out. Also, did you change the resolution in the game itself? Other than that, tho, the latest catalyst should help. Seriously, tho, soon, your computer is going to turn off and never turn back on. Invest in a new power supply. Happened to me a few times.[/quote]

It said there was a serious error. I think it's weird the power would be running out, my computer is no more than two years old.

0 0

My card is a ati radeon express 200 - pci slot

0 0

It could be a program you downloaded lately… LimeWire does have alot of worms, trojans, viruses, etc.

0 0

I set my computer back to a month ago to when I didn't have the problem…and I still have the problem.

0 0

When I try to start a game it says its unable to find a display device. I know i'm making a lot of posts, just trying to get as much information as I can.

0 0

K i *finally * updated my graphics card and I can atleast play all of my games again. However, my screen resolution is still not the same.