Welcome to HBH! If you have tried to register and didn't get a verification email, please using the following link to resend the verification email.

iTunes mp3 import issue

0 0

I have an mp3, "evolution" by KoRn, and iTunes will not read it. I can play it with VNC and in whatever prog I use in Linux, but iTunes won't read it so I can't sync it to my iPod. YamiPod doesn't allow for syncing (does it!?) so I need another way without manually hashing the thing and adding it to my iPod's database. I hate the way that's set up… but off-topic

Anyway, can anyone help me either find out why iTunes is doing this or how to get it on my iPod by other means? It's not protected… in fact, here's the mp3 itself.

MP3: http://www.freewebs.com/thorsdecree/evolution.mp3

Thanks for any help, I'll probably be back in about 12 hours or so!

0 0

we'll don't import the song just double click it and then your itunes will come up and it should play it tell me if that works.

0 0

Well, I know that iTunes refuses to import a damaged mp3 file (such as a torrent download which hasn't been completed). Maybe your download or the file on the server is damaged? :right:

0 0

I cannot play it in itunes, and I know it is not corrupt because it works in VLC, Win Media player, Audacity, XMMC, etc. etc.

iTunes just refuses to import it… unless… is there some way I can check for non-critical damage?

I'll be back in about 4 hours, g2g2 school

0 0

What about finding another place to download it from? Or buy the CD and rip it yourself.

0 0

Yeah, I'm doing that, but I would kind of like to at least find out what the problem is :p

I just like fixing things, I guess lol, but yeah, I'm gonna redownload

0 0

Have you checked any secruity permissions on the file? is it hidden or marked as a system file? for example

0 0

It's a perfectly normal mp3. It plays in everything except iTunes, Windows Media Player, and my car stereo (it's got a USB port :p )

I just downloaded another version of the mp3, and that one works. I think the original may be corrupt… those 3 above are notorious for rejecting anything they think may be broken…

Anyway, problem solved, but I wish I knew why the old one didn't work… My guess (it was low quality anyway) is taht it was corrupt, but not in such a way as to prevent playing. IDK how programs identify corrupt mp3s, but I guess it was enough to make them say "no thanks mate" but not so that it affected the song.

Thanks for suggestions, anyway.