Welcome to HBH! If you have tried to register and didn't get a verification email, please using the following link to resend the verification email.

Motherboard problems

0 0

hi everyone

my computer is fucked and i have been trying to fix but whatever i do, it dosnt work. heres the problem: i couldn't reinstall windows bcos the disk coudnt detect my hard drive for some reason, i did what i could to reinstall but it wouldnt work. i then borrowed my brothers comp and put my hd in that and reinstalled windows on his box to see if i could just shove it back into my pc and see if it would work. After i did that, when it boote up it told me winows could not be started properly or whatever and gave me the list of windows boot options. I went through all of them (safe mode, normal, safemode with networking etc) and all it does is makes my pc restart.

i tried flashing my bios to see if that would work but it didnt and i think its something to do with my motherboard which is a p5vd1-x.

the specs are as follows: Intel LGA775 Pentium 4 CPU Dual-Core CPU VIA PT880 Ultra Dual-Channel DDR 400/333 PCI Express & AGP8X combo solution SATA with RAID 0, 1, JBOD and more info can be found here

please help me or il have to buy another motherboard which a dont want to do

thanks in advance

0 0

wow, interesting motherboard, combo graphics slots :O

perhaps you need to change the jumper on the back of the hdd, because sometimes the mobo won't understand SATA2 mode and you'll have to use the hdd in ordinary sata mode. I don't know, maybe you should just try getting a new motherboard

0 0

kk i think i tried that but il have another go, il post back what happens later