Welcome to HBH! If you have tried to register and didn't get a verification email, please using the following link to resend the verification email.

USB problem

0 0

I've got this problem with a popup that keeps popping up and disappearing. It says that a USB port is not recognized and then it is gone for a couple of seconds and then it comes back. And sometimes it doesn't show for hours. I have tried re-installing XP and Vista but it is still there. It has worked perfectly before but not now. I have also tried disconnecting all USB ports except the ones that are attached to the motherboard.

Anyone know the reason and what to do about it?

0 0

Tried to update the motherboard drivers to the latest version?

And are you sure the USB port isn't physically damaged? :right:

0 0

also did you buy it from a store or seller like dell where you can call them for parts. Maybe you still have warranty try that

0 0
  1. Check USB Driver.
  2. Check if its 1.1 !
  3. I can't get you…is it a device you're connecting? or itself get a popup saying "malfunctioned"?

well… If it a device you're connecting, get it to teh vendor. If it still in warranty, then you're lucky! If not a device, and the USB doing that itself, PULL the Electricity Plug out of computer, Ground the computer (discharge all of static electricity) (cause what happened maybe "short circuit" in the motherboard.) and that happened to me once, when i was tryin to connect a USB LED.

1. Get lastest updates for teh chipset.
  2. You may update BIOS.

Mido

0 0

Got it sorted now. I disconnected the front panel USB ports and Windows hasn't complained so far. :p Guess there was something wrong with those two ports.

Thanks for the suggestions.