Welcome to HBH! If you have tried to register and didn't get a verification email, please using the following link to resend the verification email.

The Localhost Hacker
20 0

Ever since i've got vista about 4 months ago this keeps happening when i try to access help and support http://h1.ripway.com/randompics/windows.JPG Any idea on what might be causing it or better how to fiix it and yeah i have googled but couldnt find anything :/ Thanks

0 0

vista sucks thats whats wrong

0 0

WarpedSkittle wrote: vista sucks thats whats wrong

have you used it?

The Localhost Hacker
20 0

Lol yeah but it was free so i thought what the hell :p

0 0

Vista sucks…

0 0

I haven't tried it yet, so would you mind explaining to me why it sucks?

Admin from hell
0 0

I've had many people with this problem use this:http://www.windows-now.com/files/folders/tweaks/entry24711.aspx Vista doesn't suck it needs more drivers and updates I'm going to wait till next year when all the bugs are gone, Just like when XP came out.

0 0

Heres how to solve your problem.

1. If you can download something, which it doesnt look like you can, go to www.mozilla.org and download firefox. If you cannot download stuff, go on another computer with a jump drive, go to mozilla.org, and load firefox onto the jumpdrive.

2. Install firefox on vista computer

3. Go to Start>Control Panel (or whatever vista has)> add/remove programs.

4. Select internet explorer

5. Uninstall it

6. Use firefox

7. Enjoy!

The Localhost Hacker
20 0

@Korg, Thanks alot :D this is the second time you've helped fix my computer problems and your exactly right with vist only having driver problems etc.. I only got it this early coz of the eye candy :p Thanks again :D

Admin from hell
0 0

No problem I'm here to help people!

0 0

yeah. Vista kinda sucks…it looks really clean and smooth and stuff, but Linux has had better than that since I've known it existed…

Just take Vista off your system and install Linux :)

0 0

jaggedlancer wrote: @Korg, Thanks alot :D this is the second time you've helped fix my computer problems and your exactly right with vist only having driver problems etc.. I only got it this early coz of the eye candy :p Thanks again :D

If you want eye candy install ubuntu and use compiz fusion.

0 0

bigggnick wrote: Heres how to solve your problem.

1. If you can download something, which it doesnt look like you can, go to www.mozilla.org and download firefox. If you cannot download stuff, go on another computer with a jump drive, go to mozilla.org, and load firefox onto the jumpdrive.

2. Install firefox on vista computer

3. Go to Start>Control Panel (or whatever vista has)> add/remove programs.

4. Select internet explorer

5. Uninstall it

6. Use firefox

7. Enjoy!

better way. Uninstall vista and go back to xp or whatever until vista gets a service pack as right now its too buggy and hardware companys are still adapting to the new codecs.

DX10 sounds great but the new eye candy comes at the loss of on average 15-20fps when gaming and you also need a dx10 gfx card which are quite expensive.

0 0

I agree, getting Vista is just like getting XP + eye candy - lots of speed.

I can have Compiz running fine on my computer on Linux and it goes faster than Windows XP, can't even compare to Vista because my computer is 4 years old and definitely wouldn't even be able to install it, but Compiz works fine except fot slightly slower and doesn't display borders on Windows for some reason.

Linux is far superior to either XP or Vista, and if you're looking for performance over eye-candy XP is better than Vista as well.