Welcome to HBH! If you have tried to register and didn't get a verification email, please using the following link to resend the verification email.

passware IE key

0 0

Hi,

I'm going to leave my working place, so i tried to use passware IE key to see if it could find some of my account pwds (i use win xp pro). Shit ! it can find my gmail account… I tried to clean password caches, cookies, temporary files, … but each time i launch passware IE key, it finds my account infos again! Can someone tell me where this soft grabs the info ? Registry ? hidden file ? I don't want to reinstall the system, so how can i clean up my computer to be sure nobody can get the infos ?

Thank you… and sorry for my bad english.

0 0

Format…

0 0

Don't format… Just, remove all cache (temp. internet files, cookies, etc…) Then Open 1) IE>> 2)TOOLS>> 3)INTERNET OPTIONS >> 4)For IE 6(CONTENT >> AUTOCOMPLETE >> CLEAR THE FORMS AND THE PASSWORD)

for IE 7 >> 1)2)3) 4)GENERAL >> DELETE… >> DELETE ALL (including history). hope that helped…

=> Penguin in black <=
0 0

Consider using CCleaner, it has an option for secure deleting (NSA 7-passes) and it can clear almost everything you want on a Windows machine ;)

0 0

Yea, also cache cleaner..?

0 0

Or just consider to stop saving your passwords :p

0 0

Hey dude,

As i said in my first post, i already cleaned all caches, cookies, … I don't save my passwords in IE. The option is disabled for pass and forms, and now i always use firefox. I think Passware IE Key just store the passes it found in either registry or some file but don't know where…

0 0

Cleaned the registry files?

0 0

I've found where it were hidden (in the registry). I used regmon.exe from sysinternals to see the app access. It was a system-only access key so i couldn't find it when using the search menu of regedit32…

0 0

sle1306 wrote: I've found where it were hidden (in the registry). I used regmon.exe from sysinternals to see the app access. It was a system-only access key so i couldn't find it when using the search menu of regedit32…

Try launching regedit as the local system account (might work, just guessing)

0 0

No need… I just taked ownership and deleted the keys and all is good now ;)