Welcome to HBH! If you have tried to register and didn't get a verification email, please using the following link to resend the verification email.

0 0

ok so my computer starts up and then it goes to saying that windows needs to start normally so windows start normally is highlighted but then there are like two flashes of dif shades of black and then it restarts. I just took a hard drive and put it into this computer and the hardware is different so how could i fix this hardware issue without resinstalling windows?

0 0

i don't understand… When you put a new hard disk, in the computer it worked normally? or what?

0 0

ok first hit f8 after the first screen then do "Dont Restart after faliure or something like that" then post what kinda stop error it was

0 0

wow i havnt actually seen that ^ meh, i probably just me not looking. anyway, i would suggest selecting

"start windows from last good configuration"

or similar wording from the F8 menu. hasnt ever worked for me but give it a try…anything can happen…its windows.

0 0

darthchocobo wrote: ok so my computer starts up and then it goes to saying that windows needs to start normally so windows start normally is highlighted but then there are like two flashes of dif shades of black and then it restarts. I just took a hard drive and put it into this computer and the hardware is different so how could i fix this hardware issue without resinstalling windows?

I can't understand this. Let my try, though:

"You got to a screen that gives you 4 (?) options. One of which is 'Load Windows With Last Known Good Configuration'. It then flickers and restarts. You've taken out the hard-drive and you are having trouble with it."

Now, 1, did you make a choice before the 30 seconds ran out? You must choose last known good configuration as starting windows normally won't work if you're having these kinds of troubles. This message appears if you push in the button for a force shutdown (because it didn't "shutdown properly").

Now, for your hard-drive problem. I hate to have to ask you this question and don't be offended, but, is there any data on the hard-drive?

0 0

@nights_shadow: i agree and the hardware, this maybe because drivers problems, window x64 on an older processor, etc… Sometimes you've to install the Operating System on the same computer you will use … that's the way i see it.:)

0 0

Plus, if you're talking about Vista as your Windows distribution, it rejects lots of hardware. So, if it was just a random hard-drive you had lying around, chances are Vista doesn't like it.

If you changed operating systems from Vista to another operating system, it is, i believe, 90% going to be a driver issue.

0 0

Yea, and that makes vista kinda limited :) More and more, Windows become more limited and closed-source.:vamp:

0 0

mido wrote: Yea, and that makes vista kinda limited :) More and more, Windows become more limited and closed-source.:vamp:

not forgetting more expensive.

0 0

Yea for sure! And if you compared with linux, then you will consider linux the

"Computer's Heaven" lol

0 0

Windows = limited, closed-source and expensive Linux = as limited/unlimited as you want it to be, open-source and free

its hardly a fair comparision

anyway…we have kind of gone off the main topic

[/OS pwnage] [topic]

0 0

It could be that the windows resoloution is wrong, if so select enable VGA mode, then adjust the settings. this may occur if you got a new monitor that does not support your old res. If not, plug the disk into a computer that you know works, as a secondary drive. (so the working comp still boots from its original disk) backup and recover any data, write it to DVD or however you want to get it back. then use your drive in the new PC, format and reinstall windows. put the data back on your HDD.