Welcome to HBH! If you have tried to register and didn't get a verification email, please using the following link to resend the verification email.

Unable to retrieve archived files

0 0

Okay, I'm a bit stumped as I have never come across this before. In a Win2k3 domain, all users have their My Docs folder redirected to a separate server, all users have full control of their own folder. Users are unable to retrieve archive files in their My Documents folder. It doesn't matter what application they open, the application stops responding if you try to open an archived file. There are no viruses or spyware detected. And nothing suspicious shows up in the logs. Any ideas?

0 0

Are you sure you have disabled the antivirus real time scan for archived files??? look the event viewver and look if the explorer is crashed or some other process.

0 0

The anti virus scanner is configured to scan the archived files. They're clean as far as I can tell. I update my definitions just before the scan. Unfortunately, there are no logs of any apps crashing. All the logs show business as normal. I just found out also that the file server is randomly rebooting and not generating any logs for that either.