Welcome to HBH! If you have tried to register and didn't get a verification email, please using the following link to resend the verification email.

Help with SUSE10.2

0 0

Does any one know how i can set my wireless card to work it reconises it but I'm not sure how to get it to work?

0 0

I have the same problem :(

0 0

If you do "lspci", is your wireless card in the list? or just post the whole list :-). If not, which wireless card do you have?

0 0

1)iwconfig eth1 up ——— enable the wireless device

2)dhcpcd ——— receive a ip

3)iwconfig eth1 ——— info about the network settings of the wireless device.

0 0

You could also install network manager, that way you have an easy way to to connect wireless :-). Especially with protected wireless networks :)

Attack-Vector Perl
0 0

What model wireless card is it? Does Suse even recognize the wireless card by doing a lspci -l ? You may have to install ndiswrapper (and it's gtk if you're using kde or gnome) and use it to load the windows driver to make it all work.

0 0

Yeah suse reconises it because it says the name of the card its a Linksys WMP54G card..

0 0

So, did you get any progress trying the solutions?

0 0

Nah i typed in iwconfig and it says that it does not reconise the command…

0 0

Nah i typed in iwconfig and it says that it does not reconise the command…

Attack-Vector Perl
0 0

What kernel version are you using? If you have anything below 2.4.30 (? I believe) chances are that your wireless configuration modules are not loaded by default. You could try upgrading to the latest kernel (2.6.x) as those have many wireless card drivers preloaded (which you can specify in the device drivers section when you do the make menuconfig). Also, have you tried using Ndiswrapper yet? It was created specifically to give support to windows-based wireless cards…

0 0

Just try ifconfig instead of iwconfig :) Are you trying to do it command line style, or is graphical also ok? :)