Welcome to HBH! If you have tried to register and didn't get a verification email, please using the following link to resend the verification email.

HELP! im having Problems with vista

0 0

Ok so i went and bought a new computer from fry's the other day and it came with vista on it and im having problems with it. Most of the programs i try to run will come up with a message saying it has stoped responding and needs to close. the only thing i can get to run is WoW but ever 5min or so it will give me a message saying "windows display driver has stopped responding" or something like that. anyways i went out and bought a copy of windows xp with SP2 and i was wondering if there was a way to install it.

ok i am not a big computer person and i have no idea what im doing but i will tell you what i have tried:

i have tried just putting the cd in when i was at the desktop but the "install" button was blacked out so i could'nt click it

i put the cd in and turned my computer on and tried to install it like that but it came up with a message saying my cd was not valid

so yeah… if there is a way to uninstal vista and install xp can sombody explain how to do it in like a very dumb down verson cause when i googled it i could understand what they ment.

0 0

Format the c drive? If you can start Messenger i can try to help you out:happy:

The Manager
0 0

Check for updates on your video drivers, make sure the machine is fully Vista compatable…if it is not go back to the shop and demand your money back or they put XP on it. I personally DESPISE Vista.

0 0

Try running some of the programs that crash in XP compatibility mode, that worked for some progs here.

It seems MS made some big changes the the vista bootloader, so you can't install XP alongside it. You can, however, format C, install XP and then install vista on a seperate partition.

Python Ninja
0 0

LOL. thanks microsoft for making it impossible to boot anything else on the machine.

0 0

If your having problems formatting the c drive, yoiu can ise a Linux live cd, and try to format, ot delete the windows folder from there::ninja: