Welcome to HBH! If you have tried to register and didn't get a verification email, please using the following link to resend the verification email.

Symantec Lists JTR as a Virus.

0 0

Does the same with many other popular cracking applications, such as l0phtcrack and cain. is there any way I can make an exception within the virus protection so I can extract and use the file without it being automatically "cleaned". also, suggestions of other password crackers suited for LM/DES hashes that may not be labeled as malicious would be welcome. I should probably just code my own at this point, but I'd like to get familiar with one of these programs.

Thanks in advance.

0 0

macfee does to. don't worry about it

0 0

nevermind, I just figured out how to set the exceptions, too many options in that damned thing =P.

calls it a "HackTool", lulz.

:D

0 0

isnt it?

silly av companies.

0 0

i had this problem back when i used norton. It didnt pick up on them when doing a scan, but would delete them as soon as i started it. I just turned norton off every time i wanted to use jtr. But I now use AVG and it doesnt delete them at all.

0 0

In Norton's settings there are some check boxes, for example joke programs and hack tools. Disable the hack tools category and you'll be fine ;)

0 0

I used Norton earlier but have switched to NOD32. Maybe a little more complicated to configure but so much smoother once it's done. :D

0 0

c4p_sl0ck wrote: I used Norton earlier but have switched to NOD32. Maybe a little more complicated to configure but so much smoother once it's done. :D

Yay for NOD32! It really does kick norton's ass

0 0

norton annoys me. I was getting a file of a computer with norton and i stuck my pendrive in and it automatically deleted about half of my pendrives content :@ and i got a little alert telling me that norton had saved this computer from being blown up or whatever

Norton is evil.

0 0

koolkeith12345 wrote: norton annoys me. I was getting a file of a computer with norton and i stuck my pendrive in and it automatically deleted about half of my pendrives content :@ and i got a little alert telling me that norton had saved this computer from being blown up or whatever

Norton is evil.

Yeah…thats the typical "dont try to delete me" norton response. But that time is over, i instaled vista and avast anitvirus. Never had a problem since.:radio:

0 0

I used to have Norton, but ever since I got tired of Norton 2006 (trust me, you can't love it) I've used Grisoft AVG :love: