Welcome to HBH! If you have tried to register and didn't get a verification email, please using the following link to resend the verification email.

ROuter COnfigz

0 0

I just bought a new ROUTER ( LINKSYS), some how i cant make it connect to my computer, i have this weird pop up messages say (* network cable unplug*). I did replace a new network cable and its the same problem. please help me.

Attack-Vector Perl
0 0

Try two things….if you have another Ethernet card, slap it into your computer and see if you get the same thing. If you do, take the router back and get a new one. The official term for what you are experiencing is call "Flapping".

0 0

You can check the wire. And then check out the router's support …..

0 0

Do you have the router connected to your modem?

0 0

No, "flapping" is not the term for it. Flapping is when the metric on a route jumps up and down. His Linksys router appears to be a simple switch, at least from the view of his PC.

Check to make sure that you're using a straight-through Ethernet cable, and not a crossover or rollover cable.

BTW, chislam, his having the router connected to a modem has nothing at all to do with this.

0 0

In the setup, clone ur mac address

0 0

Is this a new computer you are hooking it up to. If it is you probably need to install the drivers for the ethernet.

0 0

a-hack wrote: In the setup, clone ur mac address

This has nothing to do with that. That's a layer 2 issue, and this is a layer 1 problem.

The router gives you the option to clone your PC's MAC address because on your ISP's network, your router is seen as a layer 2 device by its default gateway.