Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Beyl+Me+Kubuntu=Oops

0 0

Ok, so I installed beryl using

http://wiki.beryl-project.org/wiki/Install_Beryl_on_Ubuntu_Feisty_with_nVidia#Kubuntu

On step 3 when i hit ctrl+alt+backspace, went to a black screen so i hit ctrl+alt+F1 and logged in, then typed startx and gave an error, I believe it was something about it couldn't read from some file or something. Still somewhat new to linux so need some help..anyway I can undo what i did there? Help would be greatly appreciated.

0 0

change the config file to beryl to conform to your system's settings, and you should be fine.

0 0

You mean like..

sudo cp /etc/X11/xorg.conf.backup.beryl-script /etc/X11/xorg.conf?

0 0

I was actually kind of just hoping to undo what I did and revert to erm..before that :p.

0 0

2 things

1. Feisty is outdated, it no longer receives support and they are not making any patches or fixes what so ever so upgrade to 7.10 or 6.06(something like that)
  2. Beryl is no supported anymore, beryl and compiz became compiz-fusion and works great on 7.10 back up all your data and upgrade because soon on 7.06 you won't even be able to use the apt-manager

0 0

didnt fiesty just come out? how is it outdated? (not saying you are wrong, just curious)

0 0

Kev123 wrote: 2 things

1. Feisty is outdated, it no longer receives support and they are not making any patches or fixes what so ever so upgrade to 7.10 or 6.06(something like that)

I'm of the opinion, and probably always will be, that the best Ubuntu that came out was Dapper Drake (6.06). I'm glad they have a long-term support version of it now.

Of course, if you're using Feisty already, then I guess upgrading wouldn't be so bad… you've already decided to cope with the changes. Just change your sources.list and do a dist-upgrade (or update, I forget).

The Localhost Hacker
20 0

only_samurai wrote: didnt fiesty just come out? how is it outdated? (not saying you are wrong, just curious)

(K)Ubuntu 7.10 Gusty Gibbon was released on 18th October mines in the post right now :p

0 0

but Fiesty came out like less than a year ago, therefor is outdated?