Welcome to HBH! If you have tried to register and didn't get a verification email, please using the following link to resend the verification email.

Pc admin probs :s

The Localhost Hacker
20 0

Right, when i open certain programmes such as visual C# a window pops up saying im not an admin on my own laptop and also says some features will not be avaliable to me because of that and for me to run as admin but theres only me. Any help? Thanks :happy:

0 0

Taking it as you are running Windows XP Pro…

Go To: Start -> Control Panel -> User Accounts

You should see a list of users in there. Under your account check to see if you are labeled as a "Computer Administrator"

If not..

Go To: Start -> Log Off When at the login screen press CTRL + ALT + DEL and you should be given a field where you can type in a user name and the password in the user name put Administrator and leave the password blank…

If the CTRL + ALT + DEL doesn't give you the different login screen then reboot your computer.. While rebooting keep pressing the F8 key. After a few seconds you should be given a black screen with a menu. In the menu there should be a safe mode with networking.. Select this…

Once you are at the login screen put in the Administrator as the user name and leave the password blank…

Once you are logged in to the administrator account you need to do the following…

Go To: Start -> Control Panel -> User Accounts Click: on your user account - the account you use normally… Click: change account type Check: Computer Administrator Press: Change Account Type button

Now restart your computer like you normally would and your account should be an administrator account.

Hope that helps, if not then reply in this thread.

The Localhost Hacker
20 0

Ok, well im running Windows Vista Home Premium (I know :p/:|) And it does say administrator under my name. I also asked my IT tech today but he didnt know why it would happen :(

0 0

Ok, well im running Windows Vista Home Premium There's your first problem :p

Alright, are you sure the program(s) is/are compatible with Vista?

The Localhost Hacker
20 0

Lol, i know its most probally vista but i got it for free and jsut thought what the heck :p and yes they are compatible

0 0

If you really are the admin, you should be able to right-click on the application and do a Run As… and then choose administrator and fill in the password.

The Localhost Hacker
20 0

I do that but the message still comes up :(

0 0

The programs that do this, are they all made by Microsoft? Try installing and running Olly, as I know it has that message too, and see what happens.

The Localhost Hacker
20 0

Yes, and olly has the message too

0 0

Disable UAC and then try it. Vista's f*cking annoying.