Welcome to HBH! If you have tried to register and didn't get a verification email, please using the following link to resend the verification email.

very annoying... please help

0 0

right im trying to format my pc and usually ts easy except that windows claims i dont have a hard drive to install itself onto. I have downloaded the latest drivers and such but still no luck any help welcome

thnx in advance

0 0

your tryin to format your drive? when ever i do it i load dos 6.2 from a floppy A disk and then format C:\ from there. you wont be able to format the same drive your currently using.

0 0

srry bad wording im a bit tired. I meant that i want to reinstall winxp but every time i boot the install disk it claims that my hard drive dosnt exist

0 0

sorry for reposting but this thread had died and this is really causing me stress. heres basically how it is:

i wanted to reinstall winxp but every time i put the install disk in and boot it up it claims that i have no hard drive to install onto.

I know the install disk works because it detected my mp3 player and pen drive when they were plugged in and i have installed the latest drivers for my motherboard but it still dosn't work.

Any help would be hugely appreciated because im low on funds and buying a new hard drive is not something i want to do. In case it helps my motherboard is a asus p5vd1-x and iv got xp home edition

0 0

koolkeith12345 wrote: sorry for reposting but this thread had died and this is really causing me stress. heres basically how it is:

i wanted to reinstall winxp but every time i put the install disk in and boot it up it claims that i have no hard drive to install onto.

I know the install disk works because it detected my mp3 player and pen drive when they were plugged in and i have installed the latest drivers for my motherboard but it still dosn't work.

Any help would be hugely appreciated because im low on funds and buying a new hard drive is not something i want to do. In case it helps my motherboard is a asus p5vd1-x and iv got xp home edition

Are you currently working off of the system running that hard drive? What type of drive is it (PATA/SATA)? Have you tried unplugging all of your USB devices before trying to install? Media reader, as well? Did you try unplugging your hard drive and seeing if the install CD gives you the exact same error message?

Just some thoughts… most of it's probably irrelevant, but you want to single out devices to determine the exact issue.

0 0

Check your cables going to your Hard disk, maybe a cable got a bit loose.

0 0

It could be something setup in your bios. You could also try using a linux live-cd because those work great for this kind of situation.