Welcome to HBH! If you have tried to register and didn't get a verification email, please using the following link to resend the verification email.

Need help with 1324 error

0 0

OK basically one of my hardrives died spontaneously a little while ago and then i began receiving a 1324: The path My Documents has an invalid character i have read everything about it tried every registry cleaner i could get my hands on, manually removed registry entries which i knew were fucking up.

Oh and i obviously checked that My Documents doesn't have and invalid character. Basically i think that once my hard drive died it fucked up something in the registry some how, since i changed my documents path to the hard drive that failed.

When the hard drive died some of my programs were also screwed up in the process which are detected in the add/remove option but there files are not in the program files folder(where they were originally installed) and all the shortcuts have disappeared) so when i attempt to try to reinstall these programs or uninstall i get the 1324 error and basically i just have used up space on my harddrive that i can't do anything with.

I've also tried uninstalling through the command prompt with no success. So if anyone has any idea what i could try next to solve this problem(apart from formating my harddrive) or has experienced it before and was able to fix it please post how you did it or what i could do?

Thankyou to anyone in advance

0 0

i think the mbr of your harddrive got corrupted :happy: just format it.

Banned
0 0

So if anyone has any idea what i could try next to solve this problem(apart from formating my harddrive)

My instincts say format though.

0 0

Yeh i was hoping that i could be fixed without formating it (hoping that my partition sector(MBR) was not corrupted, but i also read about people reconstructing their partition tables to make it work again but that would take longer than formating it.

But yeh thanks for the reply ill probably format it when i get the time i just have heaps of programs on there it would take me a while to reinstall everything:D

Banned
0 0

Aight, throw it in an external HDD casing (make sure it's SATA compatible) and hook it up on another pc. Then you can retrieve most files probably (hopefully).

0 0

@spyware well see the hardrive is working the 200gig that failed is dead already and is some where in computer heaven, but yes i did try to get the data from the failing hard drive through the caddy, and after that i tried the freezer trick worked for about 5 mins got some data of and then permanently died.

But thats not about that hard drive the one that is alive (120gig) is working perfectly except for this gay 1324 error that has appeared after the 200gig failed.

Basically the reason why i don't want to format is because it takes along time for me to resintall all the programs back and to take all the data of my back up DVDs.

But thx anyway

0 0

…OS are you using? What I might try first would be a system restore to a point before the crash if OS permits. I have had this work when other things failed surprisingly. I mean if you are faced with formatting it might be worth a shot…:|