Welcome to HBH! If you have tried to register and didn't get a verification email, please using the following link to resend the verification email.

.avi Vids

0 0

How do i open a .avi video? end3r

0 0

Windows media player?

0 0

nah the media players gay when it comes to .avi it says it Might be able to play it… then says it cant play it because its unrecognized

-=[TheOutlaw]=-
20 0

Download Ace Mega CoDeCs Pack, then you can play them with most things

Admin from hell
0 0

Or you can download DivX, It covers all .avi forms and then some. If you get WinAvi you can convert them too.

0 0

or get VLC media player

0 0

vlc is the worst media player i ever had please dont download it, its real bad.

0 0

Dude, VLC is not that bad. It is bad for playing just straight sound files, especially if you want a playlist and a slick design, but it can play almost any video type (I haven't found one yet it can't play) so you don't have to comvert it. Anyway, VLC is what I use when Windows Media Player cannot play a file.

0 0

ok, thanks everyone that really helped. end3r

0 0

Folk Theory wrote: vlc is the worst media player i ever had please dont download it, its real bad.

… are you like handicapped? lol VLC is better than almost any movie player because it can play TONS of different video formats…

0 0

Yeah I agree. VLC is excellent. I don't know why you are complaining.

0 0

the reason i dont like vlc is because you cant go back to a specific point easily but rather itll jump a whole minute back. also the image sometimes freezes or refreshes once per second instead of continously but the sound keeps on going so you miss parts of the movie.

also you cant go forward and backward with the keyboard arrows at whatever speed you want. and this features are the ones i most need and use, to replay little parts of videos.

so vlc doesnt provide the things i need from a player but if all you need is ability to play many many formats then vlc will suit your needs.

0 0

You can jump to any part of a video, you just have to drag the slider instead of clicking on the part of the video you want to jump to. I use VLC all the time for the fact that it's small, fast, and can play many video codecs.

0 0

vlc is the worst media player i ever had please dont download it, its real bad.

VLC IS THE BEST! it plays almost anything its simple fast loading and works all the time! :P

What more could you want?

Relentless, :P

0 0

mplayer's great, but i think it only works with linux, but i think someone ported it to the pc. I also really like VNC, but i do not like Win media player, and i still have 6.4 installed (well i'm running 2000, so i didn't update), because i use vlc and winamp.

0 0

darrglud1 wrote: mplayer's great, but i think it only works with linux

Mplayer works perfectly for Windows ^^ B)

0 0

VLC works even more perfectly for windows :p

I never got to like mplayer, I've used VLC for too long.

0 0

VLC is awesome..but mostly i use WMP 11 :p.