Welcome to HBH! If you have tried to register and didn't get a verification email, please using the following link to resend the verification email.

A Question About Windoze Vista

0 0

Hello, I have purchased a new laptop from HP that came loaded with Windows Vista Ultimate. When you go into folder options you can show system files, and this puts a "Desktop.ini" file in every folder, Is there a way to get rid of that without turning system files off? Also How can the icons on the Desktop be made smaller? Thanks for your time ~ Nick

...Legend?
0 0

I'm not sure, but i would like to say you should of stayed clear of vista it really isn't worth the hassle it has so many bugs. Also if I'm not mistaken in the user police under like rule 13 or how ever it should be stated it prohibits the user if they upgraded to vista to down grade back to xp is it me or does that just seem wrong. God Damn Microsoft, i have so much to thank them for but so much more to hate them for any ways thats the end of my rant.

Python Ninja
0 0

uhhhh…… it doesn't create a file called desktop.ini. desktop.ini is a system file. so no, i really doubt you can choose to view just some system files.

catcha

0 0

It's not my fault, Blame HP for making shit laptops that break. If my old one didnt break id still be using it. I only upgraded as i got a new HP that was $4000 for $1100. Oh well, I guess ill just vmware and install xp as a guest os. Thanks anyways ~ Nick.

0 0

i could have sworn that upgrade meant you were going UP to something better not to crap with even more holes than what youve already got… so if you must stick with windows go back to XP and when they try to arrest you.. tell them you were upgrading

0 0

Well to make this seem even better..Microsoft is cutting XP support next year.

0 0

yea but we'll still be able to get it on torrent for free if we want it… course in a coupla years they will have at least SOME of the bugs worked out … if nothing else we'll change to *nix or ubuntu or something else