Welcome to HBH! If you have tried to register and didn't get a verification email, please using the following link to resend the verification email.

Weird Nmap Problem

0 0

ok well, i was trying to find my friends ip address. note im really new at this and i was trying to do it on my own. and well i was using nslookup, i got the ip and i tried to scan it with nmap. the weird thing is that as soon as i hit enter my screen went black and then shot to the blue screen, it gave me an error which i dont remember i should have written it down :( . anyway after i pressed the power button on my computer to restart someting inside my computer started to go really fast, i dont know if it was a fan or if it was my hard drive, but it sounded as if my computer was going to blow up. so i unplugged it from the wall. lol kinda scary, anyone have any idea what happened?

note: i got two errors after i restarted. windows gave me a " serious error occured" dialog and i checked what the files where, it said sysdata.xml and minidump. once again i didnt write down the info. juts alittle info on this would be good. thanks in advance

note: found it :) Mini040907-01.dmp

0 0

well,i would uninstall it. then,uninstall winPcap. you don't want to use BETA versions!!! only expierienced users should use these.they are not called BETA just for fun u c :happy:

then,download winPcap 3.1 then,download nmap 4.11

first install winPcap.then nmap,and you should be good.

peace.

0 0

I got a BSoD the first tome I tried to use Nmap as well. Make sure you add it to your firewall's Allow list before you try to run it.

I suspect the error on the BSoD was DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL.

-=[TheOutlaw]=-
20 0

I know this is off topic, but I saw an arcade thing which had a Need for Speed game with a BSoD on the screen XD

0 0

[qoute]I suspect the error on the BSoD was DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL.[/quote]

exactley what it said. something else also happend. im using sygate and before it went to the BSoD it said something about a file change in the npf.sys file. something along those lines. i dont know i installed the beta though. ill check if i did ill re-install.

0 0

ok i checked it out, i have version 4.20 :D it doesnt say anything on the site bout this being the beta. "latest <u>stable</u> realease" :(