Welcome to HBH! If you have tried to register and didn't get a verification email, please using the following link to resend the verification email.

Explanation

0 0

I have googled this problem extensively but have found now answer. I was messing around with the echo command in the command prompt and randomly typed in this command markupecho WTF >>wtf.exe

Trying to run this newly made exe by me gives me an error from the command prompt but when I double click on it, it spikes my CPU at 100% untill I close it. (it comes up as a command prompt screen and just sits their)

Any explanation of why it does this or how I could learn more about this would be great.

Thanks.

The Localhost Hacker
20 0

Well wtf.exe is a trojan so maybe you have that on you computer and when running that your excuting the trojen file, scan your pc and see what it comes up with ;)

0 0

wtf.exe wasnt their before I echo'ed WTF into it. echo creates a file if their is none their already

(if I open the file up in notepad the only text in it is WTF)

0 0

bubble wrote: wtf.exe wasnt their before I echo'ed WTF into it. echo creates a file if their is none their already

(if I open the file up in notepad the only text in it is WTF)

what kidn of computer do you have? & how much memory do you have?

Mine slows down for about 15seconds before the program ends.

I wonder, and this is just a complete guess here…what does WTF do in computer code(ie 010101110101010001000110)? Maybe it's causing the computer to try to do something(a loop or something…I don't know) that's tearing your memory apart.

This is a complete guess. I'm honestly not sure. I'm just throwing an idea out there in the hopes that it will help someone else realize what it's actually doing.

0 0

well wtf.exe is going to be a text file, and text files aren't executable. so don't expect it print "WTF" or something. I think what you may be trying to do is create a shell script? if that's the case, MS-DOS has its own syntax and stuff. I dunno, you might just be messing around. but in any case, this is a COMPLETE GUESS but I would think it might be looking for the main() function or some place to being executing it. but remember wtf.exe is just a text file with a .exe extention so it won't be able to do anything. as for making the processor go up to 100%, I don't know why it wouldn't just print out an error and exit. I'm guessing the .exe extention is confusing windows. really easy to do sometimes. ;)