Welcome to HBH! If you have tried to register and didn't get a verification email, please using the following link to resend the verification email.

Help with Formatting

0 0

For Windows XP, how do you format the harddrive without user input?

0 0

umm….. as in for a batch file to delete a harddrive? a bit malicious, eh?

0 0

There's no switch to force the format, afaik. The closest you can get is format <drive letter> /q /v:<new volume label>, but you'll still get prompted for the drive's current volume label.

Also, for non-technical reasons, you don't do this. Cuz you'd be a dick if you did.

0 0

there is actually a way to do it :) with batch….but i dont think its a nice thing to do….there is no reason to do it

0 0

Batch file? Hm, how? Edit: Oh, and i'm not trying to be malicious. I format my drive CONSTANTLY (For no reason whatsoever) and i'd love to make it quicker. For me, at least.

0 0

only_samurai wrote: there is actually a way to do it :) with batch….but i dont think its a nice thing to do….there is no reason to do it

Really? My interests in batch automation don't concern that particular topic, so I never tried to figure it out. Could you PM me with how you'd send output to the console? Does it involve grabbing the tty in the batch file?

Fatigue wrote: Batch file? Hm, how? Edit: Oh, and i'm not trying to be malicious. I format my drive CONSTANTLY (For no reason whatsoever) and i'd love to make it quicker. For me, at least.

Right… and format <drive letter> /q is not fast enough. My advice would be to enjoy the learning side of "hacking", and stop trying to be a script kiddie.

If you're really that interested in learning how to do something, why not Google and read up?