Welcome to HBH! If you have tried to register and didn't get a verification email, please using the following link to resend the verification email.

The Localhost Hacker
20 0

Hey, i jsut received my free vista upgrade today but when i try to install it it checks my system for compatability and it just says (not exact words) OS: N/A CPU: 0mhz Memory: 0 MB HDD: 0 MB Free space: 0 MB

And it wont install any further :( Any help or ideas? :happy:

0 0

why dont you try on virtualpc first and then play around with some settings to see if you can get it to boot.

0 0

Personally I recommend waiting 6-10 months before upgrading to vista. I've been noticing too many problems in it to let all my data exist solely at its command.

Hmm, are you quite certain that your components are vista compatible right now? One problem I found is that many many of the older equipment and BIOS aren't compatible with Vista and therefore need upgrading before Vista will install.

This right now is just a guess on my part, I haven't come across this error message yet…so I'm not sure.

The Localhost Hacker
20 0

Well its not actually installing it only gets to the compaability page but none of my specs get showed so its not letting me install :( + my laptop is only like 3 months old and brought it with vista specs so i dont see how it would be out of date already

0 0

Vista has bad both hardware and software compatabilities, what J2383 said is probably what's happening.

The Localhost Hacker
20 0

Well anyway here is a screenie of what i mean

[img]http://h1.ripway.com/x111/hshsh.bmp[/img]

0 0

nights_shadow wrote: Vista has bad both hardware and software compatabilities, what J2383 said is probably what's happening.

YAY! I knew what I was talking about…maybe.

my laptop is only like 3 months old and brought it with vista specs so i dont see how it would be out of date already

I installed Vista at my work study for my college and the version of Internet Explorer 7 that came with the CD wouldn't work with it. Believe me…this version of windows has killed compatibility. Even things they thought should have worked, don't.

All I can think to recommend is to make sure you have the latest version of the BIOS on your board, and if that doesn't work…I have no idea what you should do.

0 0

You bought it from Dell? Well, mine came with Vista installed (because they don't give you an option of no OS, dirty money-hungry bas…), which was a MAJOR hassle getting it back to XP (so MAKE SURE you want this thing Vista). Make sure ALL of your drivers are up to date. Which means, download every one from Dell and see which one's take. That is the only thing i can think of to help. Otherwise, VMware it (i did this), if you really want it. Which, i don't see why you would want it :p

0 0

its probably the partitions. u have them set too all of the mem on your current os… :D im still a noobie but thats my answer