Welcome to HBH! If you have tried to register and didn't get a verification email, please using the following link to resend the verification email.

Key Logger?

0 0

My friend's dad is keylogging him…does anyone know any possible quick fixes? And what does this windows 2000 process do? "jusched.exe"

thx

–Skunk

0 0

Is it like a buyable keylogger? The kind for like parent protection? Or like a homemade kind. If its a buyable one. Just use task manager and end the process each time then try to find the file in the C drive and delete it if its a "homemade" one . try first restarting your pc. If your lucky the keyloger might not be that advanced and stop. Try looking for duplicate out of palce files too and if u can verify. It then rename is to just like dgssdfg.dgfsdfg something dumb. Restart your pc if it says cannot delete is in use. Then once ur pc reboots up delete it. Or just run a anti virus prog.

0 0

thanks for the help, I know shit about keyloggers :P

0 0

jusched.exe is the updater for java If you want, you can disable it by going to your control panel, double clicking on java, going to the update tab and un-checking the box. Click never when the prompt comes up.

You can always turn it back on later if needed. ;)

0 0

Scavix wrote: jusched.exe is the updater for java If you want, you can disable it by going to your control panel, double clicking on java, going to the update tab and un-checking the box. Click never when the prompt comes up.

You can always turn it back on later if needed. ;)

7hx d00d. 1 w45 k1nd4 5c4r3d 4b0u7 7h47 4pp. bu7 1 4l50 c0uldn7 g00gl3 f0r 17..

7hx Skunk

00h 4nd 1m f0rc3d 70 wr173 1337 cuz my f47h3r c4n7 r34d 17..

0 0

theres a simple solution to all this. get your own computer, in your own room and use an OS that no computer illiterate member of your family cant even prenounce :D

works well for me

monk

0 0

minermonk wrote: theres a simple solution to all this. get your own computer, in your own room and use an OS that no computer illiterate member of your family cant even prenounce :D

works well for me

monk

minermonk..the only reason with this is my dad has been programming for about 20-30 years now and knows basically everything about computers. knows every operating system so that blows..wrote the keylogger..and i need to get a job.

when i do what type of laptop should i buy? if anyone has any suggestions pm me. i think i want to get fedora core 6 or 7 for an OS.

Python Ninja
0 0

as far as OS….. fedora core is good but IMO there are better out there. I was and still am a proud red hat user, it's great on my OLD machines… middle aged machines i run mandrake 9 and NEW fast ones i run mandriva. honestly mandriva has a more polished feel and is more user friendly.

though if you are a power user fedora is easier to bend to your will. do you have previous linux experience? if the answer is no or not much i'd suggest mandriva.

0 0

minermonk wrote: theres a simple solution to all this. get your own computer, in your own room and use an OS that no computer illiterate member of your family cant even prenounce :D

works well for me

monk

minermonk..the only reason with this is my dad has been programming for about 20-30 years now and knows basically everything about computers. knows every operating system so that blows..wrote the keylogger..and i need to get a job.

when i do what type of laptop should i buy? if anyone has any suggestions pm me. i think i want to get fedora core 6 or 7 for an OS.

0 0

Why not just boot to a liveCD?

0 0

TotcoS wrote:

minermonk..the only reason with this is my dad has been programming for about 20-30 years now and knows basically everything about computers.

when i do what type of laptop should i buy?

That sir, sucks. Just out of curiosity though, how did your father be a programmer for 20 something years and not in passing pick up "LEET" from any of the younger computer type nerds he came across?

One other question…how do you know your dad is keylogging you? Did he tell you? Or are you just suspicious that he is?

Is he using a hardware keylogger or software? If he's using a hardware and you just found it, I suggest just removing it when you use the computer.

As for a solution to this problem…I have several. First, get a boot CD. I like Knoppix or SLAX linux because they're easy to use and don't touch the hard drive. That's what I did when my father was keylogging me.

Second, you could get a large flash drive(512MB+) and install Damn small linux or some other OS that supports flash drive installation onto it and boot from the flash drive. If he's disabled flash drive booting see if you can change the boot sequence. If he's password protected the BIOS find out how to reset the password(I promise there is a way to do that). If he's locked the case somehow…well you've got a pretty obsessive compulsive father now don't you?

If you get a new computer I suggest either a Toshiba or a Sony if you want to buy one pre-made. I'm more inclined to suggest that you buy the individual components and build one yourself. It's generally cheaper for a lot better product in the end.

I also suggest that if you get a new computer with OS X(x as in a variable not the mac OS) password protect the thing with some good passwords and disable booting from a CD. Though if your dad is good that won't stop him very easily, but it's still worth a shot.

Or, you could buy two hard drives. One for what you want your dad to see you doing(ie the one you have hooked up when you aren't using the computer for naughtiness) and one for the other times. Make sure you use the one your dad would see sometimes though because he'll get suspicious if he notices you never use your computer. I guess in a sense you need to be faking keylogging reports for him to see.

Here's a video I posted on youtube a while back about my thoughts on parents keeping track of their kids like this. Mostly it's in the context of the fact that windows Vista included this as a feature, but it's still applicable in your case I think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3PDNnSX3bw

Oh, one more thing…are you doing something on the computer that your father shouldn't be seeing(supporting the internet's more…risqué side) or is this just a right to privacy thing? Not that this is my business…

If it's just an issue of you aren't doing anything wrong, but don't think your father needs to be spying on you…then I say go for it, or talk to your dad about this.

If this is a…I want to look at the dirty side of the internet kind of thing. I suggest you stop doing that. Moral arguments aside, it's bad for you.(DON'T FLAME ME PLEASE)