Welcome to HBH! If you have tried to register and didn't get a verification email, please using the following link to resend the verification email.

Question.

-=[TheOutlaw]=-
20 0

Right, my laptop screen's backlight has fuxxed, and my laptop's fan has decided it no longer wants to run, causing the laptop to overheat and die, is it worth me paying to get it fixed, or should I just buy a new laptop?

At the current time, I'm needing a laptop more than a desktop PC, so please don't bother posting telling me not to bother with laptops.

0 0

what are the specs of the laptop? and how much did it cost?

-=[TheOutlaw]=-
20 0

Laptop cost £500, I dunno the full specs…but:

HDD: 60GB RAM: 512MB GFX Card: Shitty Intel thingy, 256MB I think Processor: Intel Centrino 1.6ghz

Can't remember the rest :-/

0 0

I don't know if that would matter, if this is happening:

and my laptop's fan has decided it no longer wants to run, causing the laptop to overheat and die

I would get a new laptop.

-=[TheOutlaw]=-
20 0

nights_shadow wrote: I don't know if that would matter, if this is happening:

[quote]and my laptop's fan has decided it no longer wants to run, causing the laptop to overheat and die

I would get a new laptop.[/quote]

The fan can be replaced though, that's the thing :p

0 0

Yeah, but it kind of sounds like it's an old laptop, how long have you had the thing?

-=[TheOutlaw]=-
20 0

Just over a year and a half or so.

0 0

I suggest you to spend money to get a new laptop. But that depend on how much you can spend for it!

-=[TheOutlaw]=-
20 0

Yea, I think I'm more likely to get a new laptop, although, I could get a desktop, seeing as laptop's aren't built to stay on for ages…and I need a pc for downloa - errrr I mean, "buying" things…

So yea, I'm likely to keep the current laptop, and fix it up after I've bought a new laptop/desktop pc, depending on how much either would cost.

0 0

Well ive had mine for over 3 years and it isnt that outdated…i suggest fix it for alot cheaper, then wait till technology advances..because if you have my luck, once you purchase it, a brand new thing will appear..

0 0

waddaya got in the comp what kind is it?? how long ago did you get it? what condition is it in???

0 0

read above posts..

0 0

lol yeah sry i waited to long to post my reply, i was doing something else and btw

UPDATE YOUR LAPTOP, ive had mine the same amount of time and its not that outdated!

0 0

you could always use an external fan (aka a regular fan built for us, humans!) and have that blowing on it in a cooler environment to make sure that if indeed it is cool the computer still has some life in her, eh? Sounds like a lot is going wrong all at once however, so I'd suggest like all the others to invest in an up to date computer and nice cooling system. Good luck with your troubles ;)

0 0

you could always use an external fan (aka a regular fan built for us, humans!) and have that blowing on it in a cooler environment to make sure that if indeed it is cool the computer still has some life in her, eh? Sounds like a lot is going wrong all at once however, so I'd suggest like all the others to invest in an up to date computer and nice cooling system. Good luck with your troubles ;)