Welcome to HBH! If you have tried to register and didn't get a verification email, please using the following link to resend the verification email.

Up grade my comp

0 0

Hey Fellas

Long story short, my comp is screwing with me and i need a new motherboard and new wireless gear as D-Link SUCKS ASS.

I don't want to spend a shit load on new stuff just good all round stuff that will do the job.

Also anything else that may help me as to upgrade my comp

Thanks BlackSabbath

0 0

newegg.com = cheap & good

0 0

Thanks for the sites but can you give me any actual products? Like certain motherboards and what wireless gear do you all think works best?

Thanks BlackSabbath

The Manager
0 0

D-Link Wireless is fine truthfully. Linksys is another one that is good.

I would stick with a mother board like ASUS or the likes. nothing small name like MSI (though they are getting a little better).

a mother board should be around $100+ I would not spend less truthfully.

but that is my opinion ;)

0 0

TigerDirect stocks a bunch of refurbished garbage that doesn't work half the time. I'd go with Newegg… price difference isn't that much, and Newegg's stock is more reliable.

You'll have to do your own research on the parts you'd need, tho… unless you plan to replace your CPU when you replace your board, you'll have to find a board that takes the same socket as your CPU. It'll also have to be able to handle the memory you have on the board. Do some reading, read some reviews, and you'll do just fine.