Welcome to HBH! If you have tried to register and didn't get a verification email, please using the following link to resend the verification email.

Security program destroyed my machine...

0 0

im not posting from my comp right now… just to clear that up. i went and tried to start it this morning. when i came back it was still on the windows screen with the little scrolly bar. I restarted it and watched… the bar scrolls a few times and then the computer restarts and tried it again. the only thing i've changed in the past 4 days on my machine is ZONE ALARM. so im thinking thats where the problem resides.

i tried booting in safe mode… comp screen froze on the part where it says switching to safe mode partition or whatever. Im thinking that either the place i downloaded it from had some extra stuff attached to it orrr zone alarms just mad at me cus… well… i have zone alarm pro which costs money and well.. you know.

anyway. pretty pissed off. gonna go see if i can boot linux.

[edit] problem resolved after zone alarm was deleted. using safe mode w/o automatic shutdown and debugging. moral of the story: dont ever use own or promote zone alarm. Every chance you get warn others of the potential danger. zone alarm is the biggest p.o.s. ever. [/edit]

0 0

if that doent work, check the bios (hit delete when startin up) and if that doesnt work, im assuming you have a desktop, unplog it, find the mobo battery, and take it out

0 0

bios checked. they look the same way i left them. when i boot linux i havent yet been able to have it modify my HD… im using a live cd of ubuntu. how can i make it browse through my windows OS files?

0 0

i disabled automatic restart on system failure and got the blue screen of death. it said stop:0x0000007ec, 0xc0000005, 0x00000000, 0xf74ae958, oxf74ae654.

0 0

Here's a link to a website showing how to mount windows partition in ubuntu, …

http://www.arsgeek.com/?p=585

I believe that Knoppix linux live CD comes with windows access already mounted and what not, so if you have the time or the computer to download and burn that, you might have better luck there.

the BOSD doesn't sound good however, thats why I don't mess all that much with my BIOS since im not that well educated with them.

Did you by chance make a backup of them? or have some sort of System recovery CD that you can boot from?

Good luck!