Welcome to HBH! If you have tried to register and didn't get a verification email, please using the following link to resend the verification email.

Xp settings also...

The Localhost Hacker
20 0

Ok, well you know when you turn on a new pc for the first time you get a few screens which you have to fill in a few options e.g.computer name, owners name…Well is there any way to edit that ( i know you can edit most of it in control panel but its actually some specific stuff i wanted edited) by bringing them screens up again or something? All help is appreciated Thanks :happy:

0 0

control panel > Performance and Maintanence > System > Computer Name > change…

The Localhost Hacker
20 0

Ya, i knew that and its not the computer name i want changed its mostly all of the settings you get on them screens

0 0

Which settings specifically. How about: Right click My Computer > Manage

0 0

Some of the settings are in the registry at:

HKLM\Software\MS\Windows NT\CurrentVersion

The rest of the settings are commonly in a file called oeminfo.ini

Oh, and that thing at the beginning where you set that all up is called the OOBE, or out-of-box experience.

The Localhost Hacker
20 0

Thanks, i'll try that :happy:

The Localhost Hacker
20 0

Also, i know this is off topic i jsut cant be bothered to start a new thread but anyone know how to screenshot mpegs? coz wheni put it into a image editor it either a blank screen or the vid stays still when im moving the whole image so you cant see it :S

0 0

Eh? Just use the Print Screen button when you want to capture the still from the mpeg, and pop it into your fav image editor.

0 0

No, you can NOT prtscrn that with normal settings. Here's how to do it in RealPlayer:

Luke Video FAQ: For RealPlayer, you will need to turn off the optimized display. You can do this by running RealPlayer, clicking on View -> Preferences, going to the Performance tab, unchecking the box labeled “Use optimized video display”, hitting OK, and restarting RealPlayer. Now you may make take a screenshot by pressing the [ALT + PRNTSCRN] combination. You can paste this screenshot into any graphics editing program (e.g. MS Paintbrush) and save the file. When you are done taking screenshots, you should re-enable the optimized video display because this makes videos play smoother and look better. For Windows Media Player, you have to disable Hardware Acceleration. You can do this in Windows Media Player 6.4 by clicking on View -> Options and moving the Hardware Acceleration slider to None. You can do this in Windows Media Player 7 by clicking on Tools -> Options, going to the Performance tab, moving the Hardware Acceleration slider to None, and restarting Windows Media Player. Now you may make take a screenshot by pressing the [ALT + PRNTSCRN] combination. You can paste this screenshot into any graphics editing program (e.g. MS Paintbrush) and save the file. When you are done taking screenshots, you should move the Hardware Acceleration slider back to Full because this makes videos play smoother and look better.

0 0

Or you can download ImageGrabber and take the screenshot with that.

0 0

mastergamer wrote: Or you can download ImageGrabber and take the screenshot with that.

Yeah, or you could do it the easy way, like mastergamer said :p

0 0

Cool. Never had a reason to do that, so wasn't sure.

0 0

… Or use Fraps (which can record or printscreen about anything) ;)

The Localhost Hacker
20 0

Thanks guys :D, i'll check that out tomorrow coz im tired now :happy: