Welcome to HBH! If you have tried to register and didn't get a verification email, please using the following link to resend the verification email.

Laptop Problems

0 0

My friend has a laptop and when he tries to start it, it come up with the would you like to start in safe mode, normal mode, safe mode with networking, safe mode with CMD or last known working mode.

When he selects normal mode or last known good config it starts to load XP then it flashes the BSOD then restarts the computer again and goes through the whole process again.

If he tries any of the safe modes it tries to do a system scan thing and then restarts. Any ideas why? How to fix?

Thanks BlackSabbath

The Localhost Hacker
20 0

Can you see the error code thingy when the BSOD come up or does it go away too quick to see?

0 0

jaggedlancer wrote: Can you see the error code thingy when the BSOD come up or does it go away too quick to see?

It is way too fast, i know it is the BSOD but it is just a extremely fast flash

The Localhost Hacker
20 0

OK, have you tried a hardware diagnostics to see if its all working properly?

0 0

Ok umm, wanna tell us how to do that one? BIOS???

The Localhost Hacker
20 0

When you turn you laptop on tap f12 and then select diagnostics then you jsut choose what hardware you want tested (The test could take anyhting up to 3 hours (maybe more) depending on what you chooses to be tested so You'd better have something else to do) but if there is anythign wrong with the hardware it should tell you or fix it :happy:

0 0

Sweet, thanks, i will try it tomorrow

The Localhost Hacker
20 0

No probz :happy:

0 0

i guess if that doesnt work, try opening up the computer and undoing the little battery on the mobo… never done it with a laptop, but on a desktop it will restore everything to original settings and fix many bugs.

0 0

If you're going to take apart you laptop and look for a CMOS Battery, BE CAREFUL! I'm assuming you've never taken a Laptop apart before? If so then you know what I mean!! Little pieces everywhere, it could be really bad to lose just one of those pieces, I swear if it's missing a screw to hold the frame together the Laptop crashes in protest!

Other than that, I don't think there is anything else you can do for it except maybe throw in a Boot Disk and try repairing the system? It might be quicker than doing a hardware scan. Good luck!