Welcome to HBH! If you have tried to register and didn't get a verification email, please using the following link to resend the verification email.

Computer absolute rubbish.

0 0

Well lately (a month) lots of preoblems been happening. Random freezes, slowed performance, random shutdowns and restarts.. I think I got spyware or been hacked real nice like… I scanned fopr viruses, adware, spyware, registry problems and all that. Fixed alot.

So im working on my computer, i let my sis go on, she turns computer off. hey, no big deal. BUT, now when i go to turn on, i can hear the fan go and i think the hardrive, but it is pretty loud, like working hard. Also i usually hear a click when it starts up.. no click. The lights on it all good, and the monitor has power.. but theres a random box that says:

SELF TEST G CHECK YOUR PC R AND SIGNAL CABLE MONITOR IS WORKING B

The monitor usually did this befored when the computer itself was off and the monitor on… i dunno if that made sense.. anyways i cant restart it, turn on off, reset power, anything. nothing seems to work.

Im running Windows XP Professional, not much hacking software.. maybe jack the ripper or a sub7 download. :p These werent the cause i believe tho. Not to rip on HBH, but since ive visited here, ive gotten lots opf problems.. most likely my own negligence.

Anyways can someone help me turn my computer back on? I dont wanna have to get my parents to pay for a repair job.

PS. its done it before and i think ive turned back on somehow…

0 0

you're board stopped having (edit: monitor*)output… usually when something happens to ur motherboard that happens… you're prolly done. but i only say that cus i've never been able to fix it.

0 0

Perhaps my best bet is to take it in if it does not rectify myself? Worst case senario they replace some shit or i buy a new one yes?

0 0

you can buy a new motherboard for pretty cheap if you know where to look :P

0 0

Check all of your cables, take them all out and make sure you clear the dust. it might be a simple problem like that or your motherboard output socket might be all screwed up. Try different cbles from other computer.

0 0

Smack300, thanks soo much, turns out it was a huge dust problem.

0 0

i sometimes have problems with my older server computer.. i'll just shutoff the power, and then when i start it.. it just sits there and doesn't find the hardrives… or just sits there on "waiting to load on cd" or whatever.. and i'll have to shut it down for a while and play around with it .. even kick the computer and then start it again and it works.. i dunno seriously once it gets older components just flaky.. its like a car getting old shit stops working