Welcome to HBH! If you have tried to register and didn't get a verification email, please using the following link to resend the verification email.

permissions

[TheN00bHacker]
0 0

Ok, so i just reformatted my harddrive last night… and i put everything that i needed on my extra harddrive i have hooked up. but i had the permissions set up so that i could only access those files from my account b4 i reformatted. And i created a new account on my newly reformatted harddrive with the same name, but i cant access those files. and i cant switch harddrives cuz it wont boot from my other hardrive for some reason. (it has windows on it and everything)

is there a way to get past the permissions and get into the folder where i have all of my files from b4 i reformatted?

0 0

go into "safe mode" with one of the F-#, ESC, or DEL keys then login as ADMIN. While being the admin, you can configure the permissions either in the control panel or DOS. good luck!

[TheN00bHacker]
0 0

ok thnx! is there ne other ideas if that doesnt work?

p.s. does ne one kno how to get my other harddrive to boot? i can access it from running it on slave with my other harddrive, but i just can't boot from it. It has an os installed on it

0 0

i have the same HD problem. wont boot. I have a computer and i tried to boot a diffrent drive on it so i took the 1st one out and it wouldent boot and i thought it was weird but forgot about it and put the original drive back in now niether boots!?

0 0

I run into this all the time with some easy data backup. Some of my customers just forget their password….want windows reloaded, etc…..Any who, what I do is hook the drive that has the data I need into another system, then I run a simple scan on it with Active Undelete…a data recovery program (which you can find more information about on google…get the drift ;) ) All I do next is select the files or folders I want to copy over to the other hard drive, choose Recover. It will then ask you where you want to recover it to (usually just making a folder on your new desktop and calling it backup makes life easier). You choose your destination and tell it to recover the files. This program works great for that stuff, also it is a "user friendly" data recovery program that does wonders for you if you accidently forgot something but didn't write over it yet. That is all I do in this situation.

[TheN00bHacker]
0 0

lol ok thnx, but do you kno how to make it boot?

0 0

You could try re-installing Windows on it, there might for example be something wrong with the Master Boot Record