Welcome to HBH! If you have tried to register and didn't get a verification email, please using the following link to resend the verification email.

Proxys dont seem to work.

0 0

Hello guys

For some unknown reason to me, when ever i try to use a proxy no webpages seem to load. I've Checked google but i could not find anything usefull or that could help me.

I'm using IE 7.0 and what i'm doing is:

Tools > internet options > Connection tab > LAN settings > Proxy server > info

if thats wrong can someone tell me please Thanks -EA

0 0

Get firefox. You should never use IE.

Once you have firefox, download and install this. It's the windows version of Tor, a very good anonymous proxy service.

When that's all set up, get the TorButton extension for firefox, and click it when you want to use the proxy.

0 0

I totally agree ^^.

However, if you for some reason don't want to install anything, just make sure you test more than just a few proxies. They're very often offline even if they're in a proxy list.

0 0

Though Tor Is the best , "Switch Proxy" or "xyzproxy"would be a good replacement

but still like Uber0n said, you have to test the proxies even if they are rated working good.

0 0

Alrighty

thanks guys for the info. -EA

0 0

so.. about the torbutton and so on.. how is the configuration of it.. ??

0 0

default config should be fine

0 0

face0ff wrote: so.. about the torbutton and so on.. how is the configuration of it.. ??

Download the extension and restart firefox. Done. B)

0 0

i downloaded tor and torbutton….but when i switch it on and try and view a web page i get an error:

The proxy server is refusing connections

Firefox is configured to use a proxy server that is refusing connections.

*   Check the proxy settings to make sure that they are correct.

*   Contact your network administrator to make sure the proxy server is
          working.

0 0

yea i did that…the only thing i didnt install was the desktop/start menu shortcuts..and im pretty sure that wouldnt make a difference.

0 0

you should get TORPARK. not just the tor extension.TORPARK has it's own firefox version, for use with the TOR network.you can unpack it,then,run it. or copy it to an usb stick,or whatever and run it anywhere :D google for it,my guess is,that that WILL work…

else,you should try something like,protoport proxy chain. with that,you can chain proxy servers.

you>proxy1>proxy2>proxy3>proxyX>proxy99>website.

you can spoof your IP in many ways.TOR is just very popular now, because it's download,doubleclick,click,click,done. so,that's what people want,not to say,it's the best.

good luck…

<edit>

here's a good proxylist that's regularly updated:

http://www.publicproxyservers.com/

to easily use a proxy server,with firefox,google for proxy toolbar :P

</edit>