Welcome to HBH! If you have tried to register and didn't get a verification email, please using the following link to resend the verification email.

Help with Vista and hard drive partitions.

0 0

I need to remove the partition on my harddrive. for strange reasons it has the OS in its own partition as the active partition and it has the rest of the hard drive in it's own partition as the boot drive. I just want them to be without partition but I can't delete either partition because you can't edit drives with active partitions and you can't edit drives that are boot drives O_0.

0 0

use any linux livecd that have partition tool.

0 0

/fixmbr lol

0 0

So I can use a linuxlive CD to destroy the partition on my Vista OS.

0 0

Any Bootable would work for that matter…Windows or Any..

0 0

so i get it by what you said is that you need to remove the partition with nothing on it, but leave the partition with windows vista on the hardrive.

but either way i suggest you use partition magic which is a small download and is easy to use if you know basic functions with copying,deleting,creating partitions etc but yeh use parition magic, burn it on a cd and then boot of it before windows starts and yeh once your in partition magic then remove the partition you don't want offcourse becareful as doing the wrong thing there can screw up your system so do a backup:D

0 0

I can reinstall the OS. I just need to remove the partition. when I got the PC the OS was partitioned from the harddrive which is just fucking things up. the problem is, the OS part of the drive is the active drive and I can't remove an active drive partition. The Backup part of the drive is a boot drive, and you can't remove partitions from a bootdrive.

0 0

well like i said you can either use partition magic which you can download then burn on to a cd and boot of before windows starts or you could do even a simpler thing since you can reinstall your windows, hopefully you have your OS installation disk because you can remove and create partition by booting of that disk and then i accessing advanced options and going from there I'm not completely sure of how different the Vista is from XP but you should still be able to delete and create partitions through the installation disk.

So try those steps out as they will definitely work if you do everything properly, try your installation disk before using partition magic if you don't know how to use partition magic that is.:)

0 0

I already tried that, it just put the OS on both drives.

0 0

I tried the partition magic solution and couldn't find a download. They were all ads or fucked up files.

0 0

Still need help, except now I got like 23 days until this version of my Os expires because the fucked up one is registered.

0 0

this is shit, god hates me. The first two links don't load and on the third link I have to manually find the download just to have the download get the same fate as the first two downloads.

...Legend?
0 0

Personally I wouldn't use Vista easy solve