Welcome to HBH! If you have tried to register and didn't get a verification email, please using the following link to resend the verification email.

Bad registry.

0 0

Hey guys i have 2 fairly old windows Xp's. each of which seems to have its own little bugs. In one a corruption in the dynamic link library (Dll) stops me from changing numerous windows settings. In the other Problems with the registry often stop me from running programs and cause "unexpected errors" i started looking into registry cleaners but… are they useless? like all i see featured is: WE'LL REMOVE YOU'RE UNUSED SHORTCUTS!!!111!21@1!! 40.00$ please… right… is there anything that will acutally replace corrupt files or should i keep dreaming

0 0

Download tuneup utillity or windoc(Norton systemworks individual app) try at katz.ws,phazedll.com or try from some torrent sites

as far as dll file replcaing is concerened ..dll files are available over the net for free

0 0

re-installing is always nice.

0 0

Try System Restore Before Re-Install

0 0

i system restored to the earliest date i could find on this one.. its still screwed up and AVG keeps finding viruses in the old restore points but cant fix them and i cant get to System Volume Information on an xp home for some reason (yes i tried in CMD) but thats not a big problem anyway. Real problem is the error message i get when modifying windows settings "a dynamic link library" error or something occured. it doesnt specify which one and theres prolly more than i care to replace manually. i'll look into those sites. Thanks

0 0

wolfmankurd wrote: re-installing is always nice.

Yup. Just format and re-install Windows :happy:

0 0

tonzofgunz25 wrote: i system restored to the earliest date i could find on this one.. its still screwed up and AVG keeps finding viruses in the old restore points but cant fix them

Try Updating Your Antivirus Definition Files And Then Fixing The Virus