Welcome to HBH! If you have tried to register and didn't get a verification email, please using the following link to resend the verification email.

I not really sure...

The Localhost Hacker
20 0

Hey, well for quite some time now every time i try to use the automatic updates on ms i always get the same error (the same when updating windows defender aswell) the error is : 0x8007043b, i have tried troubleshooting it even going to services.msc…As you expect this is very annoying. Any ideas? Also when i try to install vb 2005 i get to the installation and it cuts out also saying to goto services.msc, i do what it says and still…nothing :( Help would be most appreciated Thanks :happy:

0 0

have you tried repairing windows from your original OS disk? this might fix the problem

monk

The Localhost Hacker
20 0

yes…kinda made things worse…i have to press start > shutdown twice before my laptop actually shuts down :angry:

The Localhost Hacker
20 0

actually i go into the BITS properties and it says its stopped i try start and i get an error : 1083

0 0

hmmmm…..if the windows troubleshoot isnt doing any good and repairing from a disk is no good eather then you've got me stupmed. those 2 methods have never failed me before.

0 0

did you try the registry solution on http://wiki.castlecops.com/How_To_Fix_Windows_Update

Step 5: In case you get Error 0x8007043b

***** BACK UP YOUR REGISTRY FIRST ***** {If you don't know how to back up your registry, you are advised to carefully read the Elder Geek Registry Back-Up Info}

1. Click Start and click Run.
  2. In the Open box, type REGEDIT, and then click OK.
  3. Navigate to the following key: HKEY_Local_Machine\Software\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\SvcHost (…. but do not expand the SvcHost key in the left panel).
  4. In the right panel, double-click the netsvcs key, which will open a pop up box, entitled, "Edit Multistring".
  5. Under the "Value data:" box will be a list of services. Add BITS and wuauserv (on separate lines) to the list of services (if they are not listed already).
  6. Click OK
  7. Exit the registry
  8. Re-boot the system (mandatory or the changes won't go into effect).

The Localhost Hacker
20 0

Thanks that worked :happy: but now i have another error come up :'( : 0x80241001 :|

0 0

computer just doesnt like BITS does it? sad, when windows doesnt even like a windows application made for the system BY microsoft…. microsoft sucks.

BUT

i'll do my best to help.

in my research, from various websites, what i've found is something about wrong MSI version.. try to install MSI manually, and see what happens from there… the website that had the most also linked to this site to install WI too. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=889482FC-5F56-4A38-B838-DE776FD4138C&displaylang=en if you want, add me on aim/msn/yahoo and i'll try to help you on there - i wont be on until 8pm EST tho, but i'll be on.