Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

How come my Command Prompt doesn't work?

0 0

Right here is the story. I want to run "ipconfig" through the Command Prompt but when I type it the box says markupC:\Documents and Settings\Compaq_Owner>ipconfig 'ipconfig' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

Anyone know what is happening?

Any help will be very appreciated.

0 0

Ok, well this may be the problem…

Do a search for the ipconfig.exe file on your computer. It should be in the C:\Windows\system32 folder.

If its not there then go to another computer and copy that file to a flash drive,

If it is there then double-click on it and it should bring up a command prompt.

Try that and it may work.

0 0

Right I tried that and I found a folder and an application. I ran the application but it opened for about half a second and closed. Then I opened the folder but it came up with a box saying what program should windows open this folder with. I would really like to get my Command Prompt working so any more tips?

0 0

when it comes up with the what program to run it with box… choose command prompt…

0 0

copy it to the system32 folder, then you should be able to run it by typing ipconfig in the command prompt. If that doesn't work, just cd to the folder while inside the command prompt and run it then.

0 0

Well go start, programs, RUN, type in cmd that will bring up the command prompt then type in ipconfig , it's working all fine on my comp so i don't know what could be wrong with yours unless you are using windows NT or something X) hehe

0 0

I'm using xp and it's quite a new pc so maybe something might be wrong with the security :p:p

0 0

fishfat wrote: Well go start, programs, RUN, type in cmd that will bring up the command prompt then type in ipconfig , it's working all fine on my comp so i don't know what could be wrong with yours unless you are using windows NT or something X) hehe

Umm….i think he already knew that…and just because yours works doesn't mean his has to…

0 0

It works now.

I was opening the wrong path so all I needed to do was change a variable.

Thanks for all the help.