Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

diff types of RAM

[TheN00bHacker]
0 0

can you use RAM from like a mac in a windows?

ex. in one of my classes its easy to open the sides of the macs and the RAM is right there and i was wondering if i could take one and use it in my computer?

0 0

THAT IS NOT ETHICAL. Nor is it legal.

:ninja:and i will have no part in this or take any responsibility for what you do with this information:ninja:

GOOGLE Cpuz it is a small program that tells you your board type/manufacturer/and model memory type cpu type and all the specifications for each of these. google your board and find out what the memory specifications/requirements are and compare that to the board of the other computer and if they are a match then it would be possible .. i dont think that the type of os would affect how memory would be used on a physical level

0 0

Steal from a computer lab, great give hackers even a worse name

0 0

smack300 wrote: Steal from a computer lab, great give hackers even a worse name

Not necessarily. He'd be giving thieves a bad name if anything… Hacking and stealing RAM are completely different things, therefore accusing him of giving hackers a bad name for stealing is like saying uhh…Let's say he was a basketball player or something…That would be like saying he's giving all basketball players a bad name for stealing.

That being said, no, I don't agree with it or anything, and I really can't help answer the initial question.

[TheN00bHacker]
0 0

lol I personally dont steal, i'm not a theif

this kid that i sit next to was asking me, and i didnt kno

0 0

well what i meant is that i dont think stealing RAM is a good thing to do They are really cheap now too.

0 0

I have to agree with the not ethical. and also it is likely you will get caught the admins have detailed access to seating charts attendance records camras loggers etc. Do you have a local computer place like small buisness style? cus chances are you can find what you need there and if its small buisness if you just ask about ram and explain the problem you have you could even get a free one ethicly

p.s. somehow i doubt u'd g to the trouble of posting on the forums if a friend asked you.

[TheN00bHacker]
0 0

well first off the kid isnt a hacker

and when i dont have ne thing to do, i will go out of my way to find out ;) i was mainly just wondering if the ram from diff computers would work in a diff os

(and i say again i'm not a theif)

0 0

alright i jumped conclusions, and to answer your question, i got no idea. Sorry.

0 0

Find out if the RAM in the comp lab computers is the same type that your friends pc uses. If they are the same, then the RAM will work.

0 0

first of ram is not dependent on whether it is a mac or windows as software is obviously different from hardware, as a few other people said before you will have to first find the type of board the computer uses(the computer with mac OS) then yours and then what sort of ram its memory timings as i do believe it might be the case that the memory timings are different also the chances are that the slots are different on the MB so you wont be able to even put in the ram sticks (so thats always good to compare) and lastly they just could simply different design. if its the same P4 computer that uses windows and and so is yours than it would be compatible easily unless offcourse you had a system that uses DDR II memory and the other computer uses DDR memory so checking which socket it is is another good consideration.