Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

laptop dvd-ram drive rmissing

0 0

Ok, my windows xp toshiba m35s satellite laptop is somehow missing all of the cd/dvd drive drivers. They are no where to be found, meaning that I cant download cds or burn them or anything for that matter. I need ot know where I can find the drivers for this and how to fix it. I am gonna try to back this up a couple days and see if it works then. any help will be appreciated.

0 0

Look in the device manager and see if they are listed with a ! next to them.

If they are, it will give an error that can usually be fixed quite easily. If they are not there, find out what model they are and google for some drivers.

0 0

i cant find the deivce manager. Also, I looked and cant even find the drivers for the drive. Im gonna google the drive and see if I can find some drivers. hopefully that fixes it because I dont fel like spending 40.oo for someont to tell me to google 120e9u23hr 34gjb3g Lol.

0 0

can someone please help me? i think I found the download area off the toshiba website for the driver, but Im not sure if it is right. A little more info to help to know whats going on. I put my cd in, it starts to read it, then it stops after like 15 seconds. I cant find the D drive or anything. I goto program files and go into my DVD-RAM folder and all drivers are gone. Im almos tpositive that is my optical drive. What should I do from here?

Admin from hell
0 0

You probably have a bad drive, You don't need specific drivers for cd/dvd drives there built in windows. But anyway go to my computer and rt. click to properties,Go to hardware and device manager. Open your cd/dvd drive and go to driver, Click update driver and use windows update it will install the best driver for it. Also check the driver in your ide ata/atapi the same way. If this doesn't work get a new drive:)