Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

trouble zipping up a file

0 0

Hey, im trying to use 7-zip to zip up a huge video file for a faster download. then, when the user downlaods it, they extract the video.

Anyways, when I zipped it to a .7z file, it worked when i tried to extract it. But, when I uploaded it onto my website, then downlaoded it and tried to extract, it didn't work.

Can anyone help me with this?

0 0

Hmm maybe the file is damaged in some way? You could check the md5 checksums of the files to be sure… :right:

0 0

well,if you're using FF,you should probably change something in your options,about the downloads.set it to always ask,what to do with downloads. then try to download it,and click the download option,then choose a location,and you should be good.

i hope [edit]T[/edit]hat helps…

darksun.

i edited it :happy: LOL

0 0

darksun wrote: i hope hat helps….

Yup, maybe you could just put on a hat and hope the file will work :D (jk)

0 0

yeah it worked for me…i just downloaded it… :happy:

EDIT**

but there is no archive in the 7zip cabinet :right: or the archive is corrupted,so i suggest uploading it again :P

0 0

so you have extracted it, and have began to watch it?

0 0

Hmm when I download it, it's just 31 kB big and I get a 'List index: out of bounds' error when I try to open it.

Also, when you just click the link you get redirected to http://www.100webads.com/

0 0

Uber0n wrote: [quote]darksun wrote: i hope hat helps….

Yup, maybe you could just put on a hat and hope the file will work :D (jk)[/quote]

No one complains about that spam?

0 0

Good point uberon, i right clicked. its actually just saving the 100webs page as wtver.7z, try opening it in notepad

0 0

Scavix wrote: Good point uberon, i right clicked. its actually just saving the 100webs page as wtver.7z, try opening it in notepad

Yes. Since it redirects when you try to open it (click it), it also redirects when you try to save it.

0 0

it seems that something strange happens when i upload the file…like the archived file disappears. i just tried .rar too and nothing.

0 0

Problem resolved!

Freehostia doesn't allow you to upload media content, so I moved the file to 110mb's server, and now you can download it from there.

0 0

Great :D (still strange they don't allow that, though…)