Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

0 0

Hey :P

Well basically, I'm wondering if there is a command prompt command to close things. Like close explorer.exe instead of going into TaskManager.

Is there ?

:P

0 0

Type qprocess to view all the processes running and tskill + the code which is before the name in the qprocess list.

0 0

If I recall right, "taskkill /I explorer.exe" should work… Just pop open a command prompt and type "taskkill /?".

0 0

Unrecognized command :(

0 0

What OS are you using? If using Windows, type "winver" at the Run command. What does it say?

0 0

IceCube wrote: Type qprocess to view all the processes running and tskill + the code which is before the name in the qprocess list.

That worked. I didn't see it before :P thanks.

0 0

it's "tskill", not "taskkill"…but that's as far as I got

0 0

Yeah lol I just keep getting an error saying "Could not find process:"

0 0

Oh … I got it to work :)

Is explorer.exe the same Process ID thing on all computers ?

0 0

is there any way to do this remotely?

0 0

Well, both taskkill and tskill work on my machine… dunno why the first one wouldn't work on yours. As for doing that remotely, it's just a command… gain remote access to a machine's command prompt (running Windows XP or later, of course) and you should be able to run that command (if you have elevated privileges). I'm sure plenty of the articles detail how to gain remote access to a Windows PC.

0 0

tskill is the only one who wakrs for me, don't know why it doesn't work for you.

And the explorer.exe id thing, let's all post our id's on taht process and we'll see if we have the same :P

Mine is: 6112

0 0

Yeah they aren't the same… I closed mine and restarted it and it was different :P

Also I did get tskill to work but not taskkill :)

0 0

They both work for me, "tskill notepad" worked fine, and although "taskkill notepad" doesn't work, "taskkill /im notepad.exe" did :happy:

I didn't know about the qprocess command (i used tasklist) and i didn't know about tskill either… so thanks :) lol