Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Firefox update

0 0

Firefox just updated itself on my computer. I restarted it like normal but when I went back in I couldn't connect to any pages. No matter where I try to go it instantly comes up with the "Unable to connect" firefox page. I'm not going to be able to answer any questions about it till tommorow (later today, its almost 6am and I havent slept yet) so ill just provide as much information as possible now and then check back to see what you think.

Information: -Firefox displays the unable to connect page -Opera also cant connect which also happened right after the FF update -IE is working fine (nothing wrong with connection) -Disabled firewall with no luck -Added mozilla to exception list on disabled firewall, nothing -Enabled firewall and tested, still didnt work -Restarted computer, no luck -Multiple virus scans, nothings changed -Disabled add-ons, didnt do anything -Stoped all processes except the bare essentials + FF, nothing changed -No new software has been downloaded or installed recently -I have the newest version of FF -No proxies -Im admin on this computer -My hosts file is the same as normal -Im tired so it may be blatently obvious :p

Thanks for any help, Ill be back in probably 8-9.5 hours

0 0

Weird ^^

0 0

Uber0n wrote: Weird ^^

/slaps Uber0n a thousand times.

Damn. I knew there were some issues with 2.0.0.1pre, but this is amazing. I just updated and no problems occurered here..

Maybe Firefox isn't the source of your problem?

0 0

I dont know what the problem could be, since they both stopped at the same time, im assuming that firefox may of replaced a resource or something that both of them used, or maybe something in the registry. http://www.neowin.net/forum/lofiversion/index.php/t504099.html Same problem, no answer posted though :(

Did anyone else have this problem and get it solved?

0 0

mine updated just fine… few times now.. it sounds like a proxy problem,but… you say it ain't so,what you might want to try is: backup yourbookmarks: (they probably won't be erased but to make sure) click bookmarks>organize bookmark>file>export. save them to somewhere. to import them,its the same method,just click import,instead of export. then uninstall firefox2. get the latest ff2setup from mozilla,with ie or whatever,install that. you should be good from there,with no losses.@all.

pretty weird problem though,never seen it…

hope that helps…

0 0

Thanks for the suggestion, it didnt work though. I ran it both with it already installed (so it could just try and update), and after I uninstalled it. Im going to try deleting all the mozilla stuff including registry keys (all the addons, bookmarks, and registry stuff stayed when I uninstalled) after I uninstall this time and then try again. Hopefully itll work this time. Later that is, im just a bit busy atm. IE is annoying :p