Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

AIm downloaded a trojan?!

0 0

I downloaded Aim 6.0 for the first time. When I downloaded it it began to install. Half way through it Avast says it downloaded a trojan and I clicked delete. Tried installing again same thing. Here is where it was downloaded before I deleted it.

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\AOL Downloads\triton_suite_install_6.0.28.3\ProgUpd.dll

Python Ninja
0 0

we need to know where you got it from, since the AIM program itself is professionally developed.

and REALLY don't spam. because someone like me has to come and clean up.

0 0

chances are it was not really the official downloader, and if it was…. AOL has hit a new low, or someone is gonna get fired

0 0

sorry! well anyway i got it from softpedia.com….hold on let me try downloading from aim.com…….and no trojan! thanx. I noticed aim also downlods lots of garbage along with it. Why is that?

0 0

Because they're intrusive and want to spy on you in various ways such as using Viewpoint. Viewpoint logs specified browsing activity and sends it to them.