Welcome to HBH! If you have tried to register and didn't get a verification email, please using the following link to resend the verification email.

RAM - Please help

0 0

hi, im going to upgrade my computers ram from 256mb to 2048mb ram probably, i went on crucial.com to find the correct ram for my system. When i used the system scanner it came up with no upgrades, if anyone knows how i can get my computer spec it would be appreciated ALOT ;)! (iv already right clicked on my computer, properties then seen that but i want a full system spec please?)

Also does anyone know weather i would be able to get ANY IBM RAM and it would work in my computer?

Id like any replies please, evan if you dont think it could work or you know another website just post please

0 0

if your computer came with that little ram i suggest investing in a new one all together

0 0

i think you are looking for what pop ups when you press the windows key and pause/break at the same time…

0 0

hacker_jacob wrote:

(iv already right clicked on my computer, properties then seen that but i want a full system spec please?)

to do that, go to start>run>dxdiag

also, if you want to get some for free try dumpster diving. you might be able to get some for free.

0 0

ok thanks il give it a go :D

0 0

yeah looking at your direct X stats is nice way of looking, but that check worked for me, its pretty handy if you didnt know anything about your system

0 0

If ur looking to find out what ur specs r then search for a program called belarc advisor which gives you your full specs

0 0

i think all he wants is to upgrade his RAM, try some different optinos with the checker to try get some kind of a result, its lists all the possbily compatiable RAM for you

0 0

I took out my ram from my computer then wrote down what was on it and who it was made by, looked for it on google came up but couldent buy it lol…. so i thought id just get one thats similar.

Could anyone at all verify that this would work,

What i have at the moment:

DDR-400Mhz-CL3 PC3200U-30331 184 Pin

What im getting:

Product Description Integral memory - 1GB - DIMM 184-PIN - DDR

Storage Capacity 1 GB

Upgrade Type Industry standard

Technology DDR SDRAM

Form Factor DIMM 184-PIN

Memory Speed 400 MHz ( PC3200 ) _______________________________________________________________

If thats right then im going to get another…

0 0

If you want to see EVERYTHING about your computer, get Lavalys Everest. It shows more info about your computer than any other application I've ever used.